Search

Nicaragua Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 04:30 AM
Howard

Nicaragua Itinerary

Hello - I am thinking of visiting Nicaragua late in November - unfortunately I will only have 9 days or so. Thinking of this itinerary: 1) 3 days or so at Selva Negra in the highlands nera Mataglapa 2) 4 days or so in Granada including visits to Masaya and a boat trip on the lake 3) 2 days or so on the beach at San Juan del Sur<BR><BR>Any opinions on this plan?? Recommended hotels for Granada or San Juan??

Old May 9th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Cathy

If you are still interested in accommodation in San Juan del Sur Nicaragua please e-mail me. We own a recreational property 15 minutes outside of San Juan del Sur. It is a 1350sq.ft. home overlooking the Pacific located in the Resort of Playa Marsella<BR>Thanks

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:42 AM
T.J.

MY GIRLFRIEND AND I WERE IN GRANADA FOR 4 NIGHTS BACK IN 2/02. WE STAYED AT THE HOTEL COLONIAL. VERY NICE, ABOUT $65US/NIGHT SO KINDA STEEP. LOTS OF OTHER PLACES CHEAPER BUT THIS PLACE WAS PRETTY DELUX. WE DIDN'T STAY IN SAN JUAN DEL SUR BUT SPENT A DAY THERE. DEFINATELY A BEAUTIFUL PLACE. GOOD FOOD AT THE RESTERAUNT/BAR ON THE BEACH. HAVE A GOOD TIME!

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:34 PM
lorena

Do any of you know of a good airline<BR>the ones I have been pricing are costing over $700.00. I need help finding good deals

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 07:52 PM
L

The only one I will use is Taca or Lacsa airline. <BR>Make sure when you go to Masaya, if you visit the rain forest, check the times they are open. It always changes and you wouldn't want to miss the view! Be ready to hike. <BR>Granada is more expensive but you will find many hotels there as it is, for nicaragua, more of a tourist location.

Old Mar 26th, 2004, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear Howard,
I moved to Nicaragua in Dec of last year and have done lots of traveling so far. Don't waste your time at Selva Negra. It may be okay to visit for an hour, but gets real boring after that. Granada is great if you like city life. I would definitely do the island tour while there, it is a lot of fun. Masaya has the most things to do in the smallest area. Masaya Volcano is an incredible drive up to the edge volcano that'll knock your socks off. Forteleza Coyotepe, right outside Masaya, gives you a great view of the surrounding area. Los Pueblos Blancos has great shopping besides the marketplace in Masaya. San Juan Del Sur is a lot of fun too. Hotel Colonia is nice as well as Frederica's B&amp;B right across from the beach. Email me at [email protected] if you need more info or check out my site at www.freewebs.com/wildgoldsberrys about living in Nicaragua.