Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

New Year's Eve in Manuel Antonio - what to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2013, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am going to be traveling with my wife and her parents to Costa Rica / Manuel Antonio area and have not a clue what to do for New Years Eve and looking for suggestions. We are in our early 30s and in-laws are in the mid 50-s. Looking for dinner, bar/disco and entertainment suggestions for just myself and my wife and also for the 4 of us in case they feel like making it a late night. Is there any place launching off fireworks or having any type of festival/open party celebrating the new year? Any ideas are appreciated!
Old Dec 29th, 2013, 07:40 PM

Here is some info courtesy of Quepolandia, the local monthly free magazine
New Years Events Dec 30th BRIGHT LIGHTS at Marina Pez Vela ' $20 cover incl one drink ''fireworks'''

'''New Years Eve Quepos ' Dos Locos Live Music with BenJammin and the Howlers 7 '10 a New Years Tradition...

Live Music on the seawall downtown Quepos with Pimiento Negro at 9'30, with fireworks at Midnight.....

Victoria's Special Menu,Sunspot Grill at Hotel Makanda Special Menus ' Karola´s Special Dinner and then open for New Years Eve Party.with cover...get out and have some fun Ring in the NEW YEAR 2014

Probably more things happening so ask at your hotel or look for signs on the road outside of places.

Pura vida
Old Dec 30th, 2013, 06:04 AM

More:
New Years at Ronny's Place. Price $35 plus tax and service per person
Shrimp salad, Lobster Thermidor, Plus regular menu!!! ~ Mardi Gra meets Central American Parade from 9:15 to 10:15. Live Music: Gringo music, Latin music, Dance Music you name it.. And Fireworks at midnight… It’s a party at Ronny's… Call for reservations:
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I had already left by the time you guys posted, but still appreciate it. We ended up going to Z Seafood and had a great meal and fun time. Good little spot there and loved Costa Rica!