Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Need suggestions for remainder of Costa Rica itinerary (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/need-suggestions-for-remainder-of-costa-rica-itinerary-532397/)

sean420 May 28th, 2005 01:24 PM

Need suggestions for remainder of Costa Rica itinerary

The wife and I are leaving for our first visit to Costa Rica next week and this is what we have booked so far:

Day 1 - Arrive at 8:00pm and stay at Hotel Orquideas in Alajuela
Day 2 - Pickup 4x4 from Tricolor and drive to Tamarindo and stay at Hotel Pasatiempo
Day 3 - Tamarindo
Day 4 - Tamarindo
Day 5 - Day 9 ??????
Day 10 - Fly out at 11:00am

Any suggestions on where we should go or stay for the remainder of our trip?
We would like to go to Manual Antonio, Dominical and then drive back to Alajuela through the mountains. A night in Arenal is also a possibility.

shillmac May 28th, 2005 05:48 PM

Sure, you can drive (about 4-5 hours) from Tam to MA and stay there a few days. Great idea--you can visit Dominical one day while you are in the area. This would be a good option for you if you want lots of beachtime.

Arenal is a good option as well. Also 4-5 hours. You could easily spend 3-4 days here. There are lots of things to do--same as Manuel Antonio--lots of activities to choose from. You can't go wrong either way! I know it's no help, but at least you can be assured you're not going to choose wrong! :) Have fun. . .

MNP May 28th, 2005 06:35 PM

I completely agree with everything Shillmac said... You can't go wrong with whatever you finally decide on...and I also have to say you are going to love Orquideas....we stayed at some FANTASTIC hotels in Costa Rica, but something about Orquideas was just so wonderful that it just stands out so much in my mind! have a blast!!

shillmac May 28th, 2005 07:16 PM

Pasatiempo is a fun little place as well in Tamarindo. Yes, Orquideas is hard to beat--the staff makes a huge difference there. Very smart management--Gary hires good people.

matt109 May 28th, 2005 09:31 PM

Does any have the internet address to the Hotel Orquideas in Alajuela? It sounds wonderful just like to see a few pictures before i book a room there.

shillmac May 28th, 2005 11:50 PM

www.orquideasinn.com

tully May 29th, 2005 05:19 AM

I just left Orquideas Inn yesterday, you will love it. Delicious food, great trails to walk around & such friendly people working there.

faithie May 29th, 2005 05:25 AM

HEY !!! Tully , r u back , or just checking Fodors while there ??!!!!! trip Report forthcoming ??? lol , Faith .

tully May 29th, 2005 05:31 AM

Hi faithie!! :) Just got back at midnight. Trip report coming sooner or maybe later, lol, just need to get a spurt of energy (I brought back sooo much coffee, maybe that'll help!)

shillmac May 29th, 2005 05:39 AM

Hi Tully, did you have a great time? I'll be waiting to hear!

sean420 May 29th, 2005 06:45 PM

Glad to hear the positive reviews of the Orquideas Inn! We had allready made a reservation and a friend of my wife said that that it was a dump! With all the positive things I've heard I'm sure that she must have been thinking of somewhere else.

Any suggestions on where to stay in Manuel Antonio or Dominical? Our budget is about $65/night