Search

Need help with overnight trip to Sirena station in Corcovado Nat'l Park

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2010, 08:37 AM
RAC
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help with overnight trip to Sirena station in Corcovado Nat'l Park

From what we understand, no one can get an actual reservation for overnight stays at the Sirena station more than 30 days in advance. Of course, the problem is that hotels and flights usually need to be booked much further in advance of this. We know of--and plan to use--the service of corcovadoguide.com--but he doesn't take applications in advance.

So, what have folks done while planning trips to Sirena--book extra hotel days on either end to be safe? Or are we worrying about nothing--so long as we request our time 30 days in advance are we sure to get lodging at the station?
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 09:51 AM

Wish I could help you on this RAC. We stayed the beginning and end nights at Hotel Finca Exotica in Carate. Step Out Experiences, based out of the hotel, did all the detail work for us regarding getting into the park, making reservations, etc. Would you care to consider something like that? Probably costs more, but sure seems to make the process easier, and a guide is provided. Of course we hiked into the park and back out (about 12 miles each way) and that may not be in your plans.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 11:01 AM

When are you planning on going? I think as long as you get your reservation requests into Paul or Katiana at corcovadoguide at the earliest possible time, you should be fine. I was going on December 9, so I sent him the form on Nov 9 (maybe even Nov 8). If you just need one room & get your request in 30 days before, you should be fine.

I bought my tickets, made my reservations, all that with the assumption that I'd get a room. If I hadn't, I probably would've just stayed at La Leona Lodge or somewhere like that.

As a last resort, if you don't get a room you would most certainly get a camping spot -- but of course that requires supplies, etc.

You'll be fine, don't worry.
Old Aug 11th, 2010, 01:36 PM
RAC
Original Poster

Thanks. We're planning on going in February. I think we're ready to start booking.
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 05:57 AM

In my experience if you book your stay in Sirena 30 days in advance (the earliest allowed) you will get the reservation. I have never seen Sirena "sell out" in a single day, so as long as you make your reservation 30 days before you expect to arrive, you will be fine.

If you will be in the country at that time you can make the reservation and make payment yourself, and avoid the service fees associated...

send email to the official park email address: [email protected]. Send them the full names and passport numbers of the people in your party, the number of nights, type of lodging (camping or dorm), and the meals you will take there. They will send you a confusing email with how to pay when you get to Costa Rica (by making a deposit directly to their account at Banco National).

If you wish to arrange your stay before arriving in Costa Rica, I suggest this website as a trusted business that will allow you to pay with a credit card (for a $30 additional service fee). http://www.soldeosa.com/corcovado%20park.htm -- the reservation info is towards the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps!
Pura Vida,

Ballardo Diaz - Jungle Guide - Corcovado, Osa, La Amistad
http://www.facebook.com/jaguarmans.adventures
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 06:12 AM
RAC
Original Poster

Thanks, Jaguarman. I think I will use the Sol de Osa service.
Old Aug 12th, 2010, 03:14 PM

your welcome RAC - I know you will enjoy all the magic of Corcovado!