Need Eastern Coast of Mexico Beach Destination for January

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2008, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My partner and I are looking for a January getaway. We'd like it to feel upscale but not break the bank. Definitely must have the beach. I've never been to Mexico. We don't want anything overly touristy, like Cancun. How about a quieter beautiful beach resort? Should have good food. Spa treatments would be fantastic. No need for golf. We are two women and would really like a tolerant/gay-friendly atmosphere. Suggestions?
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 01:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Check out resorts in the Playa del Carmen area. You would still fly into Cancun.
Right in Playa is the Royal Playa del Carmen. It is adults only, on the beach and a five minute walk from the action of Playa.
YOu can take some day trips to the Mexican ruins if you choose to venture out.
The are MANY resorts in the area. Are you looking for an all inclusive???
Old Nov 21st, 2008, 05:27 PM

Consider renting a vacation home on the beach in Yucatan. You have the beach, Mayan ruins, colonial cities, great food, flamingos, and more! Read more here: http://www.yucatantoday.com/destinat...ion-rental.htm
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:38 AM

Playa del Carmen Hotels: Book Your Playa del Carmen Mexico Hotel ...
Book Your Playa del Carmen Hotel and Playa del Carmen Vacation Online or Call ... Av. Costera de las Palmas Numero 1121, Fraccionamiento Playa Diamante, ...
www.playadelcarmen.bookit.com/all_hotels.php
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:40 AM

www.hotellaspalapas.com my fav
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 04:44 AM

or maybe Tulum ruins beautiful beach

cheaper less crowds very pretty

also www.xelha.com

Posada Luna del Sur. Tulum Hotel Mexico - Posada Luna del Sur ...
A small establishment provides photos and rates, with information on area activities and tour packages.
posadalunadelsur.googlepages.com/ - 33k - Cached - Similar pages
r
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:36 AM

we are a gay male couple going to los cabos in january. very gay tolerant there. we will be staying at an all inclusive resort called the riu and its on the beach. also walkable to town. check it out. we will be there january 18 through the 25th. price is great all meals and all food with flights less than $2500.00 per couple.
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 10:52 AM

the all inclusive price also includes all drinks and transfers to and from the airport. we spoke to the hotel and they stated gay couples are welcomed.
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 05:09 PM

I agree with gwovadis about Tulum. In addition to his recommendations, check out Copal and Azulik.

http://www.cabanascopal.com/exploreecotulum.html

There's a very laid back atmosphere there and a wonderful clothing optional beach. Spa and good restaurants nearby. No car needed.
Old Nov 22nd, 2008, 09:14 PM

I just added to the Tulum for 4 days post (have a look) and have to reiterate here
Tulum, Tulum, Tulum
I have been all over Mexico -well that sounds arrogant, but I've covered a lot of beaches - spending 4 months driving down the Baja, the Pacific Coast, the Gulf and the Yucatan as well as various one week vacation stays.
Tulum beach is it.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 06:11 AM

Be aware that several of the beach hotels in Tulum were closed by the government a few months ago.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 02:45 PM

"Be aware that several of the beach hotels in Tulum were closed by the government a few months ago."

Evidently, these resorts were reopened almost immediately by court order. There seems to be a dispute between the Federal and State governments over the ownership of the land used by 5 lodges. But, for now, the hotels are open for business. They also represent only a small percentage of the lodging available in Tulum.
Old Nov 23rd, 2008, 04:31 PM

These resorts and smaller hotels did not reopen almost immediately...and some still remain closed. Granted they are not large in number but with the way guests were treated when told to leave I would not chance booking my vacation in a place I was unsure of. It just costs way too much money. I have read and seen pictures recently that El Paraiso is now open and plan on visiting in a few weeks. I'll be interested to see which are open and which are not. Many hotels to the south of the fork are beautiful and open.