Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page > need 1 night hotel near airport for surfers (no frills ok)
Notices

need 1 night hotel near airport for surfers (no frills ok)

Jan 19th, 2012, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

need 1 night hotel near airport for surfers (no frills ok)

I'm trying to help my 20 something son plan a trip to Nicaragua for a surf trip with college buddies. Flights come & go middle of the night (2am ish) for cheapo rates. Can someone give me a "cheapo" decent, safe hotel close to the airport for them to stay on either end of their trip? Thanks...
Feb 27th, 2012, 08:47 PM

We're probably too late responding, but in case the question comes up for other people we will answer it.

Most Managua hotels are about 12-15km from the airport. There are two hotels near the airport which are the Best Western Las Mercedes and the Camino Real. Both run about $90 a night.

Taxes are added at most hotels at 15%

We offer rooms 13km from the airport with full air conditioning, etc., for $48.00 up to 2 people if you quote this email. We can provide a pickup from the airport for $13.00, so $61 for a pickup and the night. (We occasionally run a single traveler special so email us to ask for that discount).

If he wants to stay by the airport because he's leaving the next day on a smaller flight, the two airport hotels might be his best choice despite the price (because they are so close). There is another small hotel/motel a few kilometers down from the airport on the highway (it would be on the left side). We've never visited it so we can't express a fair opinion.

Hotel Beneficial Las Palmas, Managua

Search this Thread