Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Near EZE & AEP Airport hotel? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/near-eze-and-aep-airport-hotel-591782/)

yi Feb 16th, 2006 05:21 PM

Near EZE & AEP Airport hotel?

I would like stay 1 night near EZE the International airport and another night near AEP Domestic airport for transfer flight next day in April. I know there are no hotels nearby the airports. Please recommend two hotels near the two airport (EZE) & (AEP) / safe & quiet. I would like not more than 30 mins by car from the airport to the hotel and also less than US 110 included tax. How about Bel Air Hotel (25mins from AEP?) and Argenta Towers Hotel & Suites (30 mins from EZE?) Are these two hotels near my budget? Any better ideas you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

avrooster Feb 16th, 2006 06:08 PM

There's a motel VERY near the local airport. I'll post the name when I find it.

avrooster Feb 16th, 2006 06:47 PM

It's the Microtel, located just South of the local airport, in the Costa Salguero complex, on our "Costanera Norte".

yi Feb 16th, 2006 09:43 PM

Many thx for your advice. How long does it take from the AEP airport to Microtel by taxi? Any hotels you can recommend near the International airport(EZE)?

avrooster Feb 17th, 2006 02:00 AM

The Microtel is near the southern end of the local airport, so 5 minutes away, max.

Ezeiza is more complicated. Why don't you try looking for "hotels near Ezeiza" in the trip advisor Argentina forum? The question has been posted often.

drdawggy Feb 17th, 2006 02:14 AM

Both the BelAir and the argenta tower should fit your budget and a clean, well run hotels. I think you would be hard pressed to make it to EZE in 30 minutes from downtown, but 45 minutes is very doable, depending on traffic. You should have no problem getting to the domestic airport from either of these hotels in less than 30 minutes,or you can just stay at the nearby Microtel (which has all the charm of an American chain motel)

yi Feb 17th, 2006 06:56 PM

Thank you so much for your reply. avrooster & drdawggy. My flight schedule is to arrive at AEP 14:15pm and then next morning fly from EZE to Amsterdam at 7am. Do you think I can stay in the Argenta Tower Hotel, get up at 4am and arrive to the airport at 5am, OK? Bel Air hotel and Argenta Tower which one close to the International airport?
Regards
Yi

avrooster Feb 18th, 2006 02:18 AM

There should be very little traffic at that time, so you should be OK.

drdawggy Feb 18th, 2006 02:37 AM

The Argenta is in Retiro and the Belair is in Barrio Norte/Recoleta, about 10 minutes from each other. I would select a hotel based on your preferences rather than distance to the airport. Neither is close to the airport, and the commute time will be about the same....it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes from either site, given that you are talking about 4AM....

yi Feb 18th, 2006 04:42 AM

avrooster & drdawggy. I am very please for your reply. I'm still looking for a hotel near EZE airport so I don't need to get up so early. I'm really surprised that Buenos Aires have not a hotel near the International airport! Is it not enought space?
Regards
Yi

saltshaker Feb 18th, 2006 05:30 AM

It's not so much a question of space as where it is. First, most folk don't fly into BsAs and then head right back out, and second, in essence it's out in the countryside, and there aren't as many services in that area. It's also not that far to come into the city...

milla Mar 28th, 2006 07:21 PM

There is a comfortable bed and breakfast only 5 minutes away from Ezeiza airport. The name of the place is "DE LAS AGUILAS", it has a big yard with a pool and offer full board.
They also provide transfer in/out to the airport any time.

Regarding the Domestic Airport. That airport is 15 from the city.

good luck.