Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Natz Ti Ha or Xaman Ha? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/natz-ti-ha-or-xaman-ha-449689/)

jazzbo61 Nov 4th, 2008 04:30 AM

Natz Ti Ha or Xaman Ha?

We are heading to PDC in January and are making our final plans. Anyone have a recommendation between Natz Ti Ha or Xaman Ha? Is there construction near Natz Ti Ha? How is the beach at Xaman Ha?
We have two families with 3 kids, ages 15, 12 & 6. Any comments would be appreciated!

colokid Nov 4th, 2008 04:12 PM

They are at opposite ends of town. Xaman Ha is at the south end by the ferry. Natz Ti Ha is at the north end behind Shangri La Caribe. I've stayed at Natz Ti Ha and enjoyed it. Very nice pool and 1/2 block to the beach. Didn't see a whole lot of construction there last week but I wasn't pay too close attention. I prefer the north end of town. You can walk either north or south on the beach for quite awhile from the NTH location.

jazzbo61 Nov 5th, 2008 09:27 AM

Thanks! We are trying to pick between F301 and J301. Do you have any familiarity with these specific condos?

flagal2 Nov 5th, 2008 01:43 PM

I'm glad you liked the Natz Ti Ha. We will be there in Dec..unit G101. Do you have any restaurant suggetions within walking distance?
Thanks.

colokid Nov 5th, 2008 03:21 PM

I can look up the units as I still have a couple of friends who live there. As far as restaurants within walking distance....if you walk out the gate and turn right you will find La Pummolara which is a nice itaian restaurant. If you walk out the gate and turn left and then right at the end of the street you will walk past La Cueva del Changa which serves breakfast - dinner. Continue on walking west to the water fountain. If you look at the northwest side of the intersection you will see an Argentinian restaurant which is pretty good. If you turn left at the water fountain and walk down 5th Ave to town there will be all kinds of restaurants on 5th ave. Some of my other favorites are Il Pescatore on 10th Ave and I think either 24th or 26th Street. If you walk through town and come to another large, middle of the road sculpture you will find Aca los Tacos on your right. If you turn right at that intersection and walk west on Constituyentes to 25th Ave you will see El Fogon and HC on your right which are both excellent local places to eat. If you walk to 30th Ave just past El Fogon and turn right, walk two blocks and you will see a small, very local restaurant on the corner with beads called La Bamba ... just ate there again two weeks ago and they've upgraded the tables/chairs and the food was great. There are so many good places to eat in town it's hard to pick just a few. Manne's Biergarten has great pork roast with homemade sauerkraut on Friday nights, Babe's noodles is yummy. Carboncitos on 4th street is great for Mexican food - tell Russell the basil girl sent you. Sushi Tan is good on 5th and Maktub is also very good. Have fun and happy eating!

flagal2 Nov 6th, 2008 05:23 AM

Colokid....Thanks so much for all your great info. I suppose you really liked the Natz Ti Ha...hope it's as nice as I'm expecting.

colokid Nov 6th, 2008 12:30 PM

I did like it. In fact, I bought a condo after staying there...not at Natz Ti Ha though.