NatureAir RT to Osa $560 - should we just drive?

Old Sep 17th, 2008, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NatureAir RT to Osa $560 - should we just drive?

Hi kids!

My husband and I will be in Cabo Matapalo at Casa Bambu the week before Christmas. We had planned to fly in and out of Puerto Jimenez, but two roundtrip tickets for our dates total $560. Considering the state of things these days, we're trying not to spend what we don't have to...

I see that my favorite standby Interbus doesn't head that far south...should we just rent a car and drive it to PJ and then turn it back in there? We're not looking to have a car for the week. Has anyone done this? On a scale of 1-10, how crazy is the San Jose - Puerto Jimenez route? We've driven in CR before, but no that part of the country.

Thanks!
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Here's the thing. You'll basically give up 2 vacation days. From San Jose, you're looking at 8 hours, maybe more depending on your stops along the way. I'd suck it up if it were us. That's about $120 more than we usually pay (for 2 people), but the extra $120 translates into LOTS of additional hours of vacation time.

BUT we've already been on that road and have seen the sights. If you have the extra days, want to go down there by way of San Isidro/Buenos Aires and return by way of Dominical or vice versa, then driving could be a good thing.

You'll have to size it up for yourselves. Too bad it has gotten so expensive. . probably the Christmas rate. I haven't flown NatureAir or Sansa except in the spring or summer.
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 03:29 PM

A shuttle bus company that services the region is: http://www.shuttleosa.com/

San Jose to Puerto Jiménez $35 per person.
Old Sep 17th, 2008, 07:50 PM

Good suggestion--solves the problem of having a vehicle on your hands (and depleting your cash) while you are down there. What about Interbus also? Does it run to PJ?

www.interbusonline.com
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:06 AM

You can also look into Sansa Airlines, which can be more affordable than Nature Air.