Mot mot lower level or junior suite Buena Vista

Jul 29th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Original Poster

Mot mot lower level or junior suite Buena Vista

Hi. Im settled on that property because of the beach and wildlife. I love the chairs on the beach! Unfortunately we are going at Christmas and so this place is super expensive and the lower level of the mot mot and the junior suite is basically the same price then. Which one is better? Bigger? Better views? More wildlife? Better pool? Etc.
Im so excited for this! And for it all to be booked finally.
After all your help I PROMISE to post a detailed trip review and pictures when we get back.
Jul 29th, 2010, 03:56 AM

Mot Mot better vibe for me more local CR feel than BVV
Jul 29th, 2010, 04:38 AM

I don't know how Villa Mot Mot can be "more local CR feel than BVV" when they are basically the same thing! That's funny.

Villa Mot Mot sits a bit higher on the property, so I think would have better ocean views. I'm not certain, but I'm pretty sure the lower level of Mot Mot definitely has an ocean view -- and maybe a pretty good one at that. Not all -- and maybe not most -- of the BVV "junior suites" have ocean views. The one we stayed in didn't have an ocean view at all.

Plus, Mot Mot has that tub -- if that matters.

In Mot Mot you'll have a bit longer walk/ride down to the beach and back, but you'll be closer to the exit of the property. But, it's not that much of a difference that I'd make a decision based on that.

The ONLY thing that has always had me wondering about is whether or not the Mot Mot lower level has a ceiling fan on the balcony? I don't think it does. The BVV jr suites do. This may or may not be a big deal, but I really did appreciate having that ceiling fan when sitting on the balcony -- kept me a bit cooler and I'm convinced it kept the flying bugs away -- but maybe I'm just being crazy! Again, it wouldn't be a deciding factor for me.

I would vote for the lower level of Mot Mot -- but is it in fact still being rented by the owner? I feel like I had read somewhere once that it wasn't, but maybe I'm wrong? I'd love to find out...
Jul 29th, 2010, 04:45 AM

I didn't answer your other questions, and maybe people who've actually stayed in both can answer correctly, but I don't think there's a size difference at all between the BVV jr suites and the Mot Mot lower level. It's the same type of building, and I couldn't see a size difference just by walking by. I sort of can't believe BVV can call those units "suites" -- they're just one room.

Re: the pools. There's a large pool just up from Villa Mot Mot. Used to be the pool by the restaurant, but I don't think there's a restaurant any longer? We never go in that pool. The other pool (and I think there's a third but I don't know where) is further down on the property, closer to the BVV units. They're both fine pools, but I don't know how much sun either one gets. It seems like a lot of people mention that they're cool. I didn't notice that so much -- it was so hot and humid, it was a welcome relief.
Jul 29th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Original Poster

How about the difference bw upper and lower mot mot? It's 100 more for upper but it looks so much nicer. Is it?
Jul 29th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Original Poster

I have a friend who stayed in the jr suites and lives it but for one day out of the three I m there the lower mot mot is 125 dollars cheaper then the jr, if there is really no difference to how nice the room is then I guess the cheaper makes sense.
Jul 29th, 2010, 04:38 PM
Original Poster

Plumboy- it is definitely still being rented by the way!
Jul 29th, 2010, 04:44 PM

We loved our 1 bedroom villa at Buena Vista (upper level). The balcony, hammock and view was awesome. We saw more animals on property than we saw at the Manuel Antonio Park. Regardless of which place you choose I believe you'll be very happy with property. The private beach, animals and location make this an ideal property. Enjoy!
Jul 29th, 2010, 05:20 PM

Thanks for the update manayiotos -- nice to hear it's still being rented, though I don't know when I'll get back...

Personally, I don't really think the "jr suites" are really worth the extra. I've always sort of felt that BVV is bit overpriced (and now they've taken over the whole property, it seems). They really are the same thing as the lower Mot Mot unit. Also, someone else who's actually stayed in Mot Mot will have to answer about the difference bt the top and bottom, but it seems to be the biggest advantage that the top has is the kitchen. So, if I were staying for a longer time it might be worth it. Otherwise, maybe not. It's in such a beautiful setting -- as sitec_er says -- it doesn't matter so much I think.

Make sure you walk down to the beach at least once. If you go along the paved road, you'll pass the most beautiful hot pink frangipani bush (or maybe more than one?). They smell so amazing, you have to stop and take it in. Have fun...
Jul 30th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Ok, we booked the lower floor of mot mot. Almost went for the top floor and then felt like it was a splurge that was really unecessary as its just the two of us and going at christmas is already so much money! So, yey! Its done! Thanks so much for your help!