COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Moon Palace Food? or not use all inclusives

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 06:44 AM
elizabeth

Moon Palace Food? or not use all inclusives

Cancun?Has anyone recently eaten at the Moon Palace? Should we go all-inclusive or stay and the Omni or Marriott and pay? how expensive are meals in Cancun? thanks

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 03:54 PM
carrie

I have stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna in Cancun and my neighbor has stayed at the Omni and Marriott in Cancun. Another friend stayed at the Moon Palace.

I was happy with the food at the Marriott. And enjoyed eating at all the restaurants in Cancun. My neighbor is from Monterrey, Mexico and recommened where to eat in Cancun.......so we had great meals our entire trip.

My neighbor who has stayed at the Marriott and Omni preferred the Omni. Not because of the food. But because the Omni has more pools, restaurants, nightlife, etc.

My friend who stayed at the Moon Palace was not quite as happy as us other two. I honestly cannot remember all her reasons. But the one I do remember is that the Moon Palace was too big. Took too long to walk from the room to the ocean, pool.

I didn't consider the meals any more expensive than dining out in Houston (where I live).

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 04:50 PM
Karen

Hi! We stayed last yr. at the moon palace. We quite enjoyed the food there. They always had such a great variety of food. Yes, moon palace is quite large, but that has an advantage too. They had around 10 restaurants to choose from, so it was always so much fun to find a new place to eat. We would go back in a second. Hope this helps.

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 05:23 PM
Nicholas

The Moon Palace is the BEST resort of all of the Palace Resorts, they have 7 restaurants! You cannot get bored with that plus you save so much money on eating and drinking by doing all inclusive. We always go all inclusive and maybe 1 night go out somewhere to eat, when you stay at a Palace Resort you are able to eat in ALL of the resorts there are so many places to eat you will have many different choices.

If you like to drink and eat freely all day than all inclusive is the way to go, beleive me the money adds up eating 3 meals a day out, even if you think about how much a bottle of water or soda is forget it you spend so much, remember you are in HOT Cancun you will need to drink lots of water do you really want to spend all of your money on buying water when they hand out bottles of water at the Moon Palace for nothing??

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 05:58 PM
carrie

I have stayed at the Marriott Casa Magna in Cancun and my neighbor has stayed at the Omni and Marriott in Cancun. Another friend stayed at the Moon Palace.

I was happy with the food at the Marriott. And enjoyed eating at all the restaurants in Cancun. My neighbor is from Monterrey, Mexico and recommened where to eat in Cancun.......so we had great meals our entire trip.

My neighbor who has stayed at the Marriott and Omni preferred the Omni. Not because of the food. But because the Omni has more pools, restaurants, nightlife, etc.

My friend who stayed at the Moon Palace was not quite as happy as us other two. I honestly cannot remember all her reasons. But the one I do remember is that the Moon Palace was too big. Took too long to walk from the room to the ocean, pool.

I didn't consider the meals any more expensive than dining out in Houston (where I live).

If I were going back to Cancun, I would not go AI.........

Old Feb 4th, 2002, 06:33 PM
Anita

I agree with Nicholas. We stayed at the Moon Palace last Nov. and loved it. Great food and service!---We enjoyed the two minute walk to the pool or restaurants. The grounds are beautiful and loved the warm ocean breeze. They do offer golf carts for those who don't want or perhaps aren't able to walk.