Mexico's sexist resorts

Old May 31st, 2002, 07:49 AM
joet

Mexico's sexist resorts

My girlfriend and I are planning a trip to Mexico and we would like to really let our hair down. I am curious to know which area resorts are the most exotic. Do any allow topless sun bathing etc?
Thanks

Old May 31st, 2002, 07:55 AM
wow

Funny story...

When in Mexico several people will sunbath topless - it seems that the majority of topless sunbathers are European. But, you know the saying, when in Mexico do as the Europeans...
When you walk down the beach it is very easy to recognize American women that are trying this method of tanning, their bodies are tan and their breasts are RED - it seems that they decide to try the topless tanning method and their breasts are just not ready for the sun...as they don't normally see the sun.

So, sunbath to your hearts content, but be careful with those areas that may not be as "sun friendly".

Old May 31st, 2002, 07:59 AM
a

You might want to try the Carribean Reef Club.

http://www.caribbeanreefclub.com/

Couples only and clothing optional (use lots of sunblock!)

Old May 31st, 2002, 08:08 AM
x

Do you mean sexiest or do you really want to go to a sexist resort? Does your girlfriend want to go to a sexist resort?

Old May 31st, 2002, 09:24 AM
joet

Oops – that’s funny

She definitely wants a resort where the men and women are equally liberated. Maybe even more so, feminine.

Old May 31st, 2002, 09:39 AM
xxxx

Go to Jamaica. Mexico is a tradicionally very conservative country. Topless sunbathing is against the law. That's not to say that people don't do it...yes it's mostly Europeans...but you risk being arrested.

Old May 31st, 2002, 10:23 AM
not Mexico

For what you describe you want... I'd also recommend a Caribbean island instead.

If you decide to stick with Mexico then try the Caribbean side (Cancun, Playa del Carmen, etc.) rather than the Pacific coast... Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta would not welcome topless sunbathing; though they might be too polite at a resort setting to say anything.

One Pacific side exception - Zipolite is known for nude beaches but is more 'alternative lifestyle' not a fancy resort.

Old May 31st, 2002, 01:07 PM
Ole

It is legal for men to sunbathe topless anywhere in Mexico. Knock yourself out!

Old May 31st, 2002, 01:55 PM
K

I think you meant to say 'sexiest' but didn't spell it correctly.

Old Jun 1st, 2002, 02:00 PM
Nancy

Hi Joet,
I have to agree with some of the other posters - especially "not Mexico."
I would suggest the French islands in the Caribbean - St. Martin, St. Barts, Martinique.
Not only is it not welcome in Mexico, it is offensive to most Mexicans.
You can probably get away with it in Playa del Carmen as "not" suggests, and there is one nude beach on Cozumel at Mezcalito's, but other than that, probably not a good idea...

Old Jun 3rd, 2002, 08:28 AM
x

The idiocy of people never fails to amaze me. Not treating men and women the same is SEXIST not sexy.

Old Jun 11th, 2002, 09:23 PM
chloe

Husband and I are also looking for "new experiences". We are already booked hotel wise. Any advice where to find some uninhibited fun?

Old Aug 21st, 2002, 06:09 AM
John

There is a nudist beach in Mexico which is popular mainly with Mexicans. It is called Zippolite and is sort of south of Acapulcho and west of Oaxaca. I believe there was a hurricane a few years ago which trashed most of the hotels. It is a great beach though, Thoroughly recomment it. Watch out for the rip tide though.