Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Mexico in July or August...Crazy or not?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21st, 2000, 08:01 PM
Doreen

We are planning a trip to Mexico in July or August next year and would like to know what the weather is typically like in Playa del Carmen, Puerto Vallarta, or Cabo. We know it's the "raining" season, but this is the only time we can go. Is it still worth it to go at this time? What are the temps then? <BR> <BR>We are mainly interested in snorkeling, hiking, kayaking, and other outdoor activities. Any input would be appreciated! <BR> <BR>Doreen

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 01:44 AM
JoAnn

We were in Cabo in July in '99 and it was hot, but the guys still did a lot of fishing and the gals went shopping without melting. Never saw what the temp. was, but since the humidity was low, it wasn't too bad. We did not have any rain. Try www.weather.com, or www.weatherpost.com and look for their *historical* weather links to check out the averages for those areas.

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 07:27 AM
texasgirl

hi, was in playa del carmen area in july and it rained just one day out of five, but not even all day. it is hot and humid but not unbearable, particularly if you're in the water. remember that tropical rains don't always last all day, and also, it seems that mexico gets harder hit by storms and hurricanes in september and october. i was in cabo once in november and it rained 14 inches in 24 hours, washing out roads and preventing us from going out on the water for several days because of rough seas.

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 08:31 AM
dan

Puerto Vallarta is warm but when your in the pool or ocean who cares. Rains can come usually in the evenings, clear away and then its sunny again the next day. <BR> <BR>Adios! <BR> <BR>[email protected] <BR>www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm <BR>

Old Nov 22nd, 2000, 11:28 AM
Rebecca

Hi. I was in Cancun the first week of August this year and it was fabulous. I only rained one day and then it was beautiful that night. A lot of Europeans vacation at that time so it was a lot of fun and a truly cultural experience. I would definately go again at that time..