Notices

Mexico City (Hacienda de los Morales)

Old Jun 16th, 2020, 09:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mexico City (Hacienda de los Morales)

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is anything fun to do within walking distance of the Hacienda de los Morales in Polanco? I plan on taking my wife there for lunch for her birthday (and hopefully getting a mariachi band or something to sing to her) and then the rest of the day exploring.

She doesn't really like museums or parks or anything like that. She'd rather walk around a neighborhood and see the culture, shops, and hit up local places to eat (the Hacienda will be the fancy dinner, place looks amazing).

Anyone have any recommendations for after the meal of where to go that is relatively safe to walk around and isn't a tourist trap? She's from Latin America so language shouldn't be a problem (my Spanish is pretty bad). I don't mind taking an uber or taxi if it's a little far.

Thanks.
Old Jun 21st, 2020, 05:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
You don't indicate how long or when you'll be there. The Roma Norte area I suppose is walkable from Polanco, but that depends on what you view as a walkable distance. Tons of cafe's, bars and such. A 'hip' area I guess, especially along Avenida Obregon. Safe. The architecture leans towards Art Deco. For the true character of Mexico, then an Uber ride to the centro histórico might be in order.