Mexico-Apple Funjet or on my own

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 11:40 AM
needatrip

Mexico-Apple Funjet or on my own

Hi Travel Experts! I am looking to head down to the warm weather - either PV, Playa DC or Ixtapa/Zihu...my question is is it better to go via apple vacations, funjet vacations or book it on my own...what experiences (both + and -) have you have with the two??? I have vacationed in Europe and found it easier and cheaper to do it on my own. DOesn't seem like the same is true for Mexico....HELP

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 12:10 PM
Dori

If you are going with another person (everthing is based on double occupancy) it's generally a better deal to book with Apple. I've used them several times and it always worked out well. Trying to get non-stop airfare separately sometimes will be as much as their packages if you do it on your own.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 02:21 PM
Debbie

Apple is definately big in Mexico...Playa del Carmen is truly wonderful. We are going in February and staying at the IB PARAISO via Apple. My experiences with Apple have always been nice, not so with Funjet.

Good Luck!

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 03:19 PM
Missy

We always use Apple or Funjet for Mexico. We never have had a problem w/ either. They are basically interchangable. We are going to PV in March, And I don't know off hand which we are on this year. Missy

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 10:48 AM
Jean

Just returned from Playa Del Carmen last night. We booked on our own. Seems as if Apple and Fun Jet cater mainly to the All-Inclusives in this area, and that isn't what we were looking for. If that's where you want to stay, I would agree it's cheaper to book with them.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:05 AM
me

If you have costco membership, they offer a slight discount to many resorts.

Old Jan 22nd, 2003, 07:27 AM
xxx

We have done well with both Funjet and Apple. Check their websites. They do offer many AIs but also offer airfare+non AI lodgings.