Reload this Page >

Melia Puerto Vallarta Resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 07:09 AM
suzy

Hi, i will be taking my mom who is 72 to PV next month. I thought about staying at the Buenaventura Hotel downtown but since she can't do a whole lot of walking I thought it would be a better idea to stay at the Melia and do the all inclusive plan but still hit a few restaurants. We will be there 10 nights. Any input would be nice.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Clarisa

Suzy, Since I don't know if you've been to Puerto Vallarta before, maybe you already know what some of what I'm posting below. If you've never been, maybe it will be helpful.<BR><BR>I haven't stayed at either place but the Melia sure looks nice on the website. From the outside anyway, the Buenaventura looks a bit run down and I don't particularly like that strip of town (not as pretty or clean as further in/south). Plus even though it is 'closer' to the center of town, it is still a fair hike to get to El Centro, the Malecon, Old Town, etc. Taxis are so inexpensive, in your situation I'd go with the nicer place (Melia) and just cab around when you want to.

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 11:07 AM
suzy

Thanks clarisa- I have been 4 times but it has been 11years since the last time so iam sure things have changed. I have stayed at the Buenaventura when it was a little hotel and at Lojolla de mismaloya. The Buena has been remodled and the beach at Lojolla is supposibly messed up. I think i will just stay at the Melia and do the taxi thing. My mom likes to sit around and read so that will work for me. Suzy

Old Apr 12th, 2002, 11:49 AM
Clarisa

Suzy~ i'm jealous (anythime someone -not me- goes to PV!). i've been maybe 15 times since 1991. not too much changes, year to year, around El Centro & old town areas (except always new shops & restaurants change hands etc.). i too heard the beach at Mismaloya is washed out pretty bad. the local bus is 4 pesos so that gives you another option along with the taxis for getting around. have a GREAT trip.

Old Apr 13th, 2002, 06:37 PM
andrew

go for the al inclusive

Old Apr 14th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Beverly

I think one of the greatest things in PV are all the restaurants. They have such atmosphere. There are places with trees growing out of the middle of the restaurant and views, views. I think to take an all inclusive is to miss so much in PV.