Melia Los Cabos - Any Information?

Old Dec 28th, 2001, 08:40 AM
d

Melia Los Cabos - Any Information?

My husband and I will be staying at the Melia Los Cabos in March. Has anyone been there or heard how the service/amenities are? We are looking for a nice relaxing vacation away from our 4 kids...you know, a do nothing type of trip.<BR>Thanks

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 03:37 PM
cordell

1st Class all the way!<BR>You will be able to watch the "Life Styles of the Rich & Famous" from your balcony. I wonder where the helicopters taking off from the boats are going? Over to Mazatlan for dinner?<BR>Go downtown and book a dune-buggy ride on 4 wheel ATV's, a good experience, and a lot of fun!<BR>Buy your Coronas from the local vendor located 2 blocks from the Melia (the bottle deposit is more than the beer)<BR>Lots of good, fun places to eat in the downtown area. Watch out for the "scammers" who frequent the pool area at the hotel, promising lots of free stuff.<BR><BR>Have a good time!

Old Dec 29th, 2001, 07:37 PM
anonymous

I would like to find out how the class system is designated in Mexico. <BR><BR> Where I am from First Class does not allow "Scrammers" or however they want to be called crawl around the pool promising free stuff!!<BR> At first class I need to redeposit my bottles and buy my beer from the local vendor! First class is flying to Mazatlan for dinner?<BR><BR>Lifestyles of the rich and famous!! I suggest you ride the dune buggy three blocks back of town and visit where the locals live and see the real Mexico.<BR><BR>

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 07:44 AM
Edward Spiers

I believe Cordell is referring to the Melia in San Lucas, for the Melia Los Cabos is near the Cabo Real Area between San Lucas and San Jose. The Los Cabos hotel is new with a great pool and beach. Rent a car and snorkel at Chileno bay and Santa Maria Bay, Check out the other resorts, have a drink at the Crow's nest at the Finnistere and watch for whales or the sunset there, walk around in San Jose and browse the shops, peek at the mural over the entrance to the church, have dinner at the Chilar near the Telmex tower in San Jose, if you want drive up to Todos Santos (DON"T DRIVE AT NIGHT!). Read your travel books for things to do.<BR> And yes you will be approached by the staff there at the hotel and be offered $100 credit for food to sit through a presentation.(Americans do the saled pitch. Simply decline or go. No big deal.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 11:57 AM
d

Thanks for the responses. I will repost upon my return.

Old Dec 30th, 2001, 05:48 PM
Anony

Dear D, Here is something for you to look up go to www.google.com and type in timeshare scams in Cabo (a search)<BR>Read Cabo Tips a must, and ABCNEWS Tricks of the Trade when you open it up on the same page will be more under Arnold Diaz 20/20 open it up and there will be CLAIMS AND REALITIES, USA Today and last but not least LATINTRADE with a little write up TIME-SHARE HELL a family man's trip report on Cabo. There is also Fern's Page if you like to shop resells www.timeshare-guru.com.<BR><BR>We eagerly await your trip report and wish you happy holidays. <BR><BR>