COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Mayan Riviera in May?

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 06:48 AM
cece

Mayan Riviera in May?

I am planning our honeymoon to the Mayan Riviera in May. What will the weather be like there and will Playa del Carmen and Cozumel be crowded? It will be early-mid May. Thanks for the information. Cece

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 03:49 PM
jeff

isn't that the beginning of hurricane season? jeff

Old Feb 6th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Monica

Hurricane season is from May 1 to November 31st. May is considered part of the rainy season, but we have been there in May and did not get any rain. Supposed to be the hottest month of the year-we did not notice that. May is one of our favorite time of the year. And it will be less crowded.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Melanie

Take lots of bug repellant!

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 09:48 AM
D

I vacationed in PDC in August one year and don't remember being bothered by any bugs. Never used any repellent. I'm not saying it's not a good idea to bring some as a precaution, but don't worry about bugs ruining your honeymoon!

We spent a day at Xel-ha which was memorable for good snorkeling. Tulum was also very nice.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Juli

We went in mid-May two years ago. Not a drop of rain. Kind of humid, but no different than what you get in the early summer on the east coast. The resort was not crowded at all.