Mayan Riviera Hotel for couple in 30's

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband i like to meet people our own age when we travel and we are considering the Mayan Riviera in January. I am interested if anyone can suggest a hotel this is classy yet full of fun young couples like ourselves. We have stayed with the Sandals resorts in the caribbean and are interested in something similar. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 12:52 PM

I suggest you order the Mayan Riviera map (on the honor system). It gives the best advice on area accomodations (as well as restaurants, sites, etc.). It's also a great map.

I lent mine out a few years ago, so I don't have the info at my fingertips.

http://www.cancunmap.com/

Old Sep 12th, 2005, 01:16 PM

I stayed at Las Palapas about 4 years ago and loved it. Very reasonably priced. On a beautiful beach and and easy walk into town. The room was beautiful and had a nice patio area. Breakfast and lunch were included but food wasn't great so we went outside the hotel for dinner.
Old Sep 12th, 2005, 06:22 PM

Grand Palladium, Riviera Maya is excellent. See it on tripadvisor.com as well as other hotels and their reviews. I won't go anywhere without reading about where I'm going first on tripadvisor. Had a bad experience at the Sunscape, Riviera Maya and to avoid a bad hotel, I'll always check there first! We loved the The Grand Palladium and would go back in a heart beat. I've been there twice...with a friend and then on my honeymoon....wanted my husband to see it and he loved it too!
Old Sep 14th, 2005, 06:03 AM

Have a look at the Barcelo Maya resort. It is a very good resort on a wonderful beach with on site snorkeling. Here is a website if you want more information and pictures of the resort and area. Check sticky post at top of forum for people's vacation picture links. It is not an all adult resort though.

http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/