Notices

Mayan Palace - Riveria Maya

Oct 26th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Original Poster

Mayan Palace - Riveria Maya

We have a reservation for a week at the Grand Mayan for the last week in November. Should we rent a car? How are the restaurants on the property? Anything else we should know???
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Jan 15th, 2014, 10:34 AM

My husband and I utilized an Interval timeshare get away from December 21st through December 28th. The property just celebrated 40 years of service. The staff is extremely friendly and very attentive. The food is excellent. The pool side service is good.

The resort is a timeshare. BEWARE! Our complaints are minimal, but are warranted. After a very efficient check in process, they immediately try to send you to their welcome desk. The timeshare hounds aggressively try to tell you about the property and want to schedule a "breakfast" to start their sales pitch: (http://www.timesharescam.com/blog/51...imeshare-scam/)

The food on the property is very good. There are multiple restaurant choices and the presentation and the flavor are great. But, we negotiated with a taxi driver on the property and went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart in Playa Del Carmen. That proved to be a huge savings because the cost for the breakfast buffet is about $20.00 per person
Jan 15th, 2014, 11:51 AM

We stayed there in 2010 - our daughter and her husband shared a huge timeshare suite with us. I'm really comfortable in México but resort travel was a culture shock! We like to live with local families and stay in small places with kitchens where we can shop in the neighborhood and do most of our own cooking. Our room was beautiful - gorgeous kitchen where we prepared nearly all of our meals - but we were really glad to have a rental car as we spent most of our days off resort - just suited our travel tastes better.

My photos with blog and travelogue links on the main page of each collection are below in case you're interested - all my recommendations are embedded there. Happy trails! http://www.flickr.com/photos/staceyholeman/collections

Search this Thread