Search

Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26th, 2001, 04:14 PM
carol

Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta

Has anyone stayed at the Mayan Palace at Nuevo Vallarta. We have reservations for the end of May for a 2 bedroom unit. Would really like to scuba dive or at the least do some snorkeling. Is the resturant any good and is it easy to get around if you want to go to a different resturant in town. My sister was in Puerto Vallarta a couple years ago and said that it was dirty and overcrowded and there wasn`t much of a beach. Is Nuevo any better?

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 08:16 AM
Diane

Carol, I also have a vacation planned to the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta in March. I've been to Puerto Vallarta twice, stayed at Villa Del Palmar, and loved it. I'm having trouble finding much info on Nuevo Vallarta since it's a pretty new section, but it's very close to Puerto Vallarta. On our last visit to PV we took a boat trip to a secluded island where we snorkeled and had a great lunch. There are a lot of day trips. The restaurants at the Mayan look very nice but there are also lots of nice restaurants in downtown Puerto Vallarta. Certain parts of downtown are very poor and dirty; if that bothers you just stay out of those areas. It's all part of their culture and the way they live. I hope you enjoy your vacation.

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 11:44 AM
xxx

We have stayed in Puerto Vallarta also at the Villa del Palmar and in Nuevo Vallarta at the Allegro. Each had its advantages and disadvantages. The resorts in Nuevo are mostly all inclusives. It is about a 15 minute taxi ride into Puerto Vallarta. IMHO the beaches are better in Nuevo Vallarta. We frequently went into town for dinner as we were bored with the buffet after a few days.

Old Feb 2nd, 2001, 12:31 PM
Louie

NICE!!! Great Service!! Great Food!! Awesome Swimming POOLS!! Snorkling there - not recommended. I was there last year and not sure but they still had some constrcution going on - which I think is still under way. But your'll love the place!!!

Old Feb 6th, 2001, 05:36 PM
Carol

The Mayan Palace at Nuevo Vallarta is fabulous. They only have two restaurants open at this time. It is still under construction. It is approximately 15 minutes in cab to downtown Puerto Vallarta. Beautiful beaches and amenities. You will like it!