One&OnlyPalmilla or Four Seasons Punta Mita

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two years ago we stayed at the One & Only Palmilla right outside of Los Cabos. We loved the resort and are considering returning there next February. Right now we can't decide if we should go back to the O&O or if we should take a trip to Puerta Vallarta instead since we have never been there. We would stay at the Four Seasons in Punta Mita, right outside of Puerto Vallarta.

Which would you recommend? Back to the One & Only Palmilla or give the Four Seasons Punta Mita a try.

Old Mar 1st, 2008, 03:13 AM
Original Poster

Has any one ever stayed at the Four Seasons Punta Mita? I'd appreciate any feedback. Thanks.
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 07:48 AM

My husband and I stayed at the Four Season in Punta Mita for 5 nights last August. We arrived looking for pure R&R and were not disappointed! We spent most of our days lounging at the adult Tatami pool or down on the beach where we watched the daily catch arrive by boat and tried our hands at fishing in the surf.

The service was exceptional. We were delighted by the hourly passages of cool towels, Evian misting, frozen fruit with chili salt, margarita foam(!) and Haagen-Daz ice cream. Sunblock, magazines and books are available at every pool/beach spot.

The food and drinks were exceptional, although pricey. I highly recommend the mojitos and michelada cubanos at the Tatami pool. The lunches there were also terrific, especially the sushi and steak sandwich. For dinner, I cannot say enough about the strip steak at Bahia and the chicken mole at Ketsi.

We stayed in the new building surrounded by the lazy river, which was a fun way to end the day. The furnishings were very nice and the bathroom was a spa unto itself. We did not try any of the spa services, but used the gym daily and found it to be very well appointed.

After 5 nights, we actually considered extending our stay because it was just so terrific. It is worth noting that we started our trip with 2 nights in PV, so we got our tourist desires out of the way early. I cannot wait to go back, the service simply can't be beat!
Old Mar 2nd, 2008, 08:20 PM

Here are some really detailed reviews that might be helpful, from Luxury Latin America:
http://www.luxurylatinamerica.com/me...r_seasons.html
http://www.luxurylatinamerica.com/me..._palmilla.html
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 03:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for your reviews of the FS as well as the links to the very helpful websites. I really appreciate it.
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 10:50 AM

i prefer the water in Cabo to anything near PV - also, i like to relax on vacation but I also like to go into town or try a few restaurants off of property..... There is nothing around Punta Mita so you are kind of a prisoner there and because of that I would pick The One and Only in Cabo.... others to consider if going to Cabo but maybe want to try a different, but still luxurious place---> Las Ventanas (stayed there and loved it!) and also Esperanza. If you are not ever planning on leaving the property, give Punta Mita a try!
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
Original Poster

I've seen the Las Ventanas on shows on TV and instantly fell in love with the looks of the resort. I'd love to stay there but my only concern is if the hotel is kid friendly. We'd be traveling with two teenagers, both of whom are well behaved and I know they would not cause any trouble at the resort. If you have any feedback as to if the Las Ventanas would frown upon teens I would highly appreciate it.