Notices

May22 last minute honeymoon-Strict desires

Old Apr 28th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
May22 last minute honeymoon-Strict desires

Ok, I've searched all over in the Caribbean forum and I've done as much as I can with my time in the Latin American forum. Unfortunately, I'm not finding any locations that embody what we're looking for entirely. (Maybe this is impossible, I don't know). Either way, here's my situation:

-Last minute wedding because of military date change...doing the wedding in one month on MAY 21.
-This means we don't want to spend all our time traveling on airline layovers(hence avoiding the islands)
-Have a enough RCI points for anything if that's an option
-Don't want to spend more than $2900 (if possible including airline)
-Want beautiful beaches for swimming, SCUBA, snorkling, etc that aren't packed (would any be in May?)
-Want nightlife if that's what we felt like doing but we don't need to go out every night
-Want a gorgeous room that is slightly secluded
-Activities or sightseeing during the day but also the option to enjoy quiet and rest
-We like our food but aren't drinkers.

All that said, how expensive is the food in this area? With what I have above, should I go AI?

ANY HELP AS SOON AS POSSIBLE IS BEST. WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME!

NACHO
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 07:35 AM

How about renting a small house in Grand Cayman Island? Great snorkeling and scuba. If you rent a small house (which we have done twice) you can pick up groceries near the airport, do a little cooking (fresh fish can be purchased from the fisherman at the dock!) And eat out when you desire. Fun to swim w/ the rays. Quiet on the opposite side of 7 mile beach area, night life at 7 mile beach. However, there may be more on the other side of island now that Marriott bought a small place to rebuild there a few years ago- haven't been there since they purchased that piece of property. Friendly people, very safe area, easy to get to. I'm not sure on the financial stuff, you'd have to look into it. Could probably get info by googling it. Good luck! Congrats!!
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Cvechko

What part of the US are you flying out of?

Old Apr 29th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Original Poster

Chicago. I was able to find a $338 flight from Kyack.com. The more and more I read about AIs, the more I'm getting scared of them.
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Cvechko

Hate to sound stupid - what is the AIs?

Old Apr 29th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Cvechko

All Inclusive? I never thought I would like an All Inclusive until we stayed at a couple - the reason they were AI is because there was no where else around to eat. The food was awesome though.

Old Apr 30th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Original Poster

Yea, All inclusive. Humm....Where did you stay for the AI? I still checking out Grand Cayman too.
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Cvechko

The AI were Jaguar Reef Lodge, Belize (check out my pix of our trip at http://webpages.charter.net/cvechkol...zeTrip2006.htm or the Jaguar Website at http://www.jaguarreef.com/ and other AI is The Danzante, Loreto, Mexico. The Jaguar Reef Lodge is awesome - lots of adventure, not a lot of nightlife.

In Grand Cayman, you can go to Seven Mile Beach which is very busy & has a lot of construction going on (Caymans got hit by Hurricane Ivan a couple years ago).

However, as 58smom suggested, you may want to check out the Cayman Kai area of Grand Cayman. That area is actually our favorite place on the planet & we have been to several islands. The main reason we love it - it is secluded and you can snorkel to the reef right from the beach. My hubby doesn't even bother to scuba because we see as much snorkeling there (lobster, rays, etc). We are planning a vacation for next year & staying in one of the 2 bedroom sea lodges. Have "talked" with Paula who owns a 1 bedroom called the Lucky Dog Sea Lodge. You can email her at [email protected]. To see pix & lots of info on the area, goto http://www.sealodgical.com/index.html

Prices in Grand Cayman are high. But I think the Sea Lodges are reasonable (by Cayman standards).

Another option is The Retreat condos at http://www.theretreat.com.ky/. They sit at Rum Point. The beach could get busy when the ferry was running. However, I do not think the ferry from Rum Point to Seven Mile Beach area is running. The Hyatt (is at Seven Mile Beach but owns Rum Point) got wiped out by the Hurricane, have rebuilt the beach part but not the main hotel so the ferry is not back up & running yet. It used to take Hyatt guests & others to Rum Point. Of course, you can always walk around the corner (toward the sea lodges) and get to secluded great snorkeling.

For more info on the Caymans, goto http://www.caymanislands.ky/

Sorry so wordy. But if you want more info, let me know.