Marriott, Casa Magna, Cancun

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2005, 06:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just return from a week (2/2/05-2/9/05)of pure heaven on earth at the Casa Magna. We had a direct oceanfront room on the 6th (top) floor with views that went on forever. The food was wonderful and the staff couldn't have been more gracious. This is certainly my pick for Cancun - can't do better. Marriott scores big time on this property.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 07:04 AM

I agree w/you also loved the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach as much.
Old Feb 10th, 2005, 09:56 AM

sounds nice! How were the rooms? Have they been recently redone, or did they look older?
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 11:33 AM

We're booking a premier oceanview room at the Casamagna. Has anyone any info. on this type of room? Thanks.
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 05:05 AM

when are you going Franco? Please post a report of your trip and the hotel. Tks.
Old Jun 24th, 2005, 06:39 PM

We returned from Cancun last weekend. The Casa Magna was indeed fantastic. Like Len3 we were assigned room #6020, sixth floor, and with the direct ocean/seaview. The view alone was worth the whole trip to me.

I totally agree that the staff were very efficient and attentive. However, our housekeeping staff were a bit inconsistent a couple days by forgetting to replace the foot towels. And for some strange reason soaps were not replaced unless you requested them. There was nightly turndown service and twice daily towel changes.

I felt the room was not as nice as I was expecting. First of all, it was pretty small and the hardware (e.g. faucets and light fixtures) were not high quality. However, the bath was walled in grey marble which was nice.

The restaurants were very expensive to eat at daily. I did not care for the hotel's La Capilla restaurant's dinner fare. It was all overpriced and everything was priced a la carte, therefore, per person you'd expect to spend well over $30 including a drink. The Mikado Japanese/Thai restaurant that's adjacent to the hotel was not that great as well in terms of cooking in my opinion. It's a teppan yaki style of cuisine so maybe that's why I didn't care for it. However, Champions sports bar, which is adjacent to the hotel also, had some really nice burgers and fries.

All in all, however, I'd return to the Casa Magna.