Search

margarita island venezuela

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23rd, 2000, 06:40 AM
jack

margarita island venezuela

can any one tell me what the nicest part is and if it is not polluted? And cost I should buget for 20 days, backpacker style?

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 07:49 AM
jeff

can anyone tell me if I should go here or spend time on the north west coast?

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 05:09 PM
Vanessa

It's been a few years since I've been to Margarita but I think Playa El Agua is a fantastic beach.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 08:44 PM
Jose Jimenez

Jack why would you want to go to a polluted,crowded place like Isla Margarita for 20 days when you have all of the Venezuelan Caribbean to choose from? <BR>Use some imagination man!!! <BR>Start doing a web search there's tons of info out there and all kinds of interesting, safe and untrampled places to visit. <BR>Lively up yourself!!!

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 01:16 PM
Robin

In 20 days you can cover much of Margarita Island. There are por puesta buses running around, and the taxis are not too high. <BR>Playa Guacuco is good for swimming and not polluted. Playa El Agua is a surfing beach favored by international tourists. <BR>Playa El Yaque is a wind-durfing beach. <BR>Playa Caribe has Mosquito Beach for fun activities. Playa Arena on the westernmost tip is very uncrowded - has food and drinks. <BR>Many sights can be visited - Pampatar, Asuncion, Valle El Virgen, El Copey (the tallest mountain), La Restinga Mangrove Park, which also has beaches that are not crowded, Boca El Rio Maritime Museum, The Artisans villages, Juan Griego ( which has Ft. Galera) and lovely scenery at sunset, and for those who love to shop, Porlamar, which is crowded but has discount stores galore. <BR>Have a good trip. We have found the people very friendly and helpful. There is a Tourist Information kiosk in the airport and also on Avenida Santiago Marino in Porlamar, which has maps. There is a bi-weekly newspaper in English - the Margarita Post, which has a web site to read before you go.

Old Dec 27th, 2000, 02:30 PM
bfish

thank you for the responses, I leave in the morning. I was planing on starting in Margarita and then roque, puerto columbia, and maybe merida, any advice? thank you...