Search

Manuel Antonio when closed on Mondays?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2007, 08:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manuel Antonio when closed on Mondays?

Hi,
I posted this inside someone elses post a few days ago , but thought I would create my own post. I just heard that MA is closed on Mondays.
If we Do Not have a car is there much to do around there if the park is closed? We were planning on 4 nights in MA with one of those days being a Monday.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 09:07 AM

Plenty to do. How about a horseback ride with Finca Valmy, or a nice slow kayak trip through the mangroves to see monkeys and other critters. A sunset cruise? Aerial tram or canopy tour?

Venture out a little further and go up to see Carrara Reserve. Or go white water rafting.
Old Apr 9th, 2007, 09:12 AM

Yeah, you'll have no problem...just the PARK is closed. The beach outside will be open.

You could go ziplining, take a mangrove tour, visit Quepos for a bit, take a fishing tour, go kayaking...all kinds of stuff to do.
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 05:44 AM

Another beautiful smaller public beach experience in MA is Biesanz Beach located in a cove with the hills rising from the water.
The water was very smooth when we were there. You could arrange a taxi pickup at the top of the trail head by the road for a specific time to get back to your hotel. The beach had a park ranger when we were there but no entry charge. The trail down was an easy 5 min. walk. The road down to the entrance trail I believe came off the main MA hilly drive at Hotel La Mariposa.
Have a wonderful journey!
Old Apr 10th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess my concern was us not having a car at that time; although that's not even set in stone yet. A lot of stuff is still up in the air with our trip.