Manuel Antonio to Osa Peninsula -- Easy Drive!

Old Jun 2nd, 2010, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Manuel Antonio to Osa Peninsula -- Easy Drive!

We just had Wilson Rojas drive us (May 2010) from Manuel Antonio to Puerto Jimenez and I wanted to report that with the new roads, the drive was only around 3.5 hrs.

We were pretty shocked with how easy it was and Wilson said that roads had just been improved the prior week -- he was very pleased and thought more groups may want to drive now. The flight from Quepos-PJ was scheduled as 1:50 min (goes back to San Jose first) and so with check-in time, we felt that flying would eat up 2.5 hrs anyway. The last part of our drive was very scenic with amazing valley and ocean views -- I was asleep for the first couple hours so have no idea what that was like. We had a very nice lunch stop at a cute little roadside restaurant (with a few cabinas) once we reached the Osa. Low prices, good food, beautiful view, new and clean bathrooms.

I was really stressed that this was gonna be a 5 hr+ drive so I wanted to pass this info along. I can't give a price quote for just this route as we had Wilson pick us up from SJO, drive us to Si Como No in MA, drive us around MA when needed, and drive us to Puerto Jimenez -- it was $400 for these 3 days of driving, not including a much deserved tip. ([email protected])

We saved hundreds since we are a group of four and airfare from SJO-Quepos and Quepos-Puerto Jimenez was high when I checked. (Our flight from just Puerto Jimenez-San Jose was $93 pp and that was a loco sale fare -- thanks to tully!) Anyway, a nice additional option to get to the Osa, weather permitting. I heard in PJ that they are planning on building an intl airport there? I desperately hope this is just a rumor.... the Osa is so gorgeous and pristine that I can't imagine what would happen if there were n/s flights from MIA landing there.
Old Jun 3rd, 2010, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They offered those flights for $57 briefly last week. I had already booked for $74 one way and $91 the other way--then saw the $57 show up afterward. I tried to get Nature Air to cut me some slack, but no dice! It's all in the timing. Even after the show the really cheap fares as "sold out", they can reappear a few days later. Cancellations maybe? I don't know!

Glad to hear the drive was good--anxious to try it out again one of these days. Thanks for the info!