Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Manuel Antonio Park- Need A hotel where wildlife visits!

Old Mar 27th, 1999, 04:54 PM
jj

Can anyone recommend a hotel: 1. that is near Manuel Antonio park 2. that has wildlife come up to your room's or the lobby's veranda? This is what we are looking for!! Hoe crowded is this area during mid-March? Thanks for any help! Also is it better to have a travel agent book the hotel and the flight from San Jose, or to book everything directly? (We already have the flight booked to San Jose).

Old Mar 28th, 1999, 07:53 AM
JoAnn

Go to http://sony.inergy.com/CRica/ and to www.casualforums.com/globe/CR_Forum/
1st has extensive links and info on CR, 2nd is a BBS for info on CR. Stayed in Quepos in '94 and were told we didn't need a/c! We were at Samara 2 years ago and had a/c in our bedroom. Have a wonderful time. Also check out Fodor and Frommer's Costa Rica guide books as they are both excellent.

Old Apr 18th, 1999, 02:26 PM
Bill

Hotel Costa Verde. I regularly saw monkeys and sloths in the trees from the balcony of the room. The rooms have only screens for windows... no glass... no air conditioning. Accomadations are very comfortable in spite of the above. Local naturalists recommend against feeding the wildlife therefore you won't see monkeys on your balcony.

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 08:11 AM
Karen

We stayed in Manuel Antonio in early April of this year. We stayed at the Tulemar Bungalows which we loved. There were monkeys at the restaurant, outside of our room and at the beautiful private beach. I would highly reccomend the Tulemar Bungalows if you are looking for a place to stay in Manuel Antonio.

Old Apr 19th, 1999, 08:14 AM
Karen

A couple more thoughts. I booked all of our trip directly with out using a travel agent. It worked out great. I used information from guide books, Fodors and Lonely Planet, and information I found on the internet. The most crowded time in Manuel Antonio is the week before Easter, most of the Ticos are on vacation in addition to the foreign tourists.