COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Manuel Antonio - dancing with the family

Old Aug 7th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Manuel Antonio - dancing with the family

We will be in Manuel Antonio in February with 3 other families. We collectively have 11 children who will be ages 6-15. Are there any family friendly resturants/bars that have live music and dancing? We all vacationed together last year in the Caribbean and this was one of our favorite activities in the evening. I'd love to enjoy an evening of great latin music and dancing with our families.

Thanks!
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 04:27 PM

I have not hear of any place like that...most of the time dancing places in Costa Rica...are not good places for kids...at least I will try to have my kids away from them...and I am not a double moral kind of person...I just do not like to see drunks around my kids...and terrible is that in my country almost every dancing place means alcohol...and getting ugly!!

Some restaurants may have enough room to dance...like El Avion...it is possible there to do some good old dancing!!

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 04:58 PM

You may want to check out La Cantina. Great food, reasonable prices, it is across the street from Costa Verde hotel. They usually have a steel drum or reggae band playing most nights. Up the road at El Avion, they often have a band there as well.
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Luis! I know my question sounded a bit weird. Last year in the islands we just happened upon a place where there was a live band every night from 6pm-8pm that catered to families (couples too) and it was just so much fun. We don't take our kids out to bars - honestly!

There aren't any places around my home where we can go dancing as families either - unless it is a wedding.

We plan to go to El Avion for dinner some evening - maybe we'll get lucky and there will be some live music that night.

I'm not worried about keeping busy in Costa Rica!!!
Old Aug 7th, 2007, 07:55 PM

Do not worry Cathy...we all love our kids and I know you do too!! Like you said...you guys are going to have a fantastic time!! With dancing or without dancing!!

R.A Luis

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 05:03 PM

la cantina always had a band when we were there.
Old Aug 9th, 2007, 11:04 AM

Bambu Jam has live music several times a week. At least one night it is Latin Music. They have a small area where people dance. The restaurant itself is quite good. So you can go for a late dinner and stay and check out the music.

For not dancing, but listening to music, I recommend Gato negro at Casitas Eclipse. There is an excellent Jazz/Blues singer and her guitarist - Fuzzy Rojas and Leo on Mondays. The entertainment is early - 7 to about 9.00 - so you don't really get the bar crowd - more people who have come for dinner.

Dos Locos in Quepos have entertainment on Wednesdays and Fridays. It starts at 7.00 PM Sometimes there is abit of dancing. The crowd is mixed - some just there for dinner and others for a drink. I wouldn't say it gets rowdy.

raquel