MANUEL ANTONIO, Costa Rica - Recommndatns?

Old Feb 17th, 1998, 08:39 PM
Andrea

MANUEL ANTONIO, Costa Rica - Recommndatns?

Travelling to Manuel Antonio for the month of March, to study Spanish @ Escuela D'Amore. Any suggestions for a small, comfortable, not-too-expensive hotel/aparthotel I should stay at? (Preferably with a restaurant) I'm a single woman, travelling alone. Thanks for any recommendations.

Old Feb 18th, 1998, 02:50 AM
J. Perez

Try Costa Linda. For info seek La Buena Nota.

Old Mar 2nd, 1998, 07:07 PM
Tara

The Manual Antonio area is absolutely beautiful - great choice! There are many hotels in the vicinity, so I would suggest just going there and finding one (book the first few nights from the US). You'll almost certainly get a better rate, and be able to look around and see what suits you. My husband and I stayed at a privately-owned condo in the Casitas Eclipse. We really liked it, but paid approx. $60 U.S. per night. The Nichola hotel had rooms for half that last May and was also nice, but you find better rates if you're there in person.

Old Mar 11th, 1998, 06:06 PM
David M. Lohnes

You would enhance your language lessons if you stayed with a Tico family; also much cheaper.

Old Apr 7th, 1998, 05:13 PM
Steve Bach

Hi. I'm planning on going to CR to study Spanish this July. How was D'amore school? It's a bit expensive compared to other schools, but was it worth it?

Old Apr 13th, 1998, 08:56 AM
Karla

Can anyone tell me about the weather in Costa Rics during the month of June???? The area I may possibly be staying in would be Puntarenas. Thanks!

Old Apr 19th, 1998, 07:09 PM
Jeroen Bergen

Karla,
Puntarenas is not the place to go. I was stuck there for the night and it was hell. We stayed at a hotel which in the guide book was described as a nice, quiet hotel. It turned out to be a brothel. I'm not a prude and I've seen C.R., but that is the only unsafe place you can go in the whole country. The hotel/brothel manager told us that it would be wise to stay in our rooms during the evening hours. Puntarenas is a port town so there are quite alot of sailors looking for trouble. We saw more than we wanted to. E-mail me if you need an alternate destination.

Old Apr 19th, 1998, 07:11 PM
Jeroen Bergen

Karla,
Puntarenas is not the place to go. I was stuck there for the night and it was hell. We stayed at a hotel which in the guide book was described as a nice, quiet hotel. It turned out to be a brothel. I'm not a prude and I've seen C.R., but that is the only unsafe place you can go in the whole country. The hotel/brothel manager told us that it would be wise to stay in our rooms during the evening hours. Puntarenas is a port town so there are quite alot of sailors looking for trouble. We saw more than we wanted to. E-mail me if you need an alternate destination.

Old Apr 19th, 1998, 07:16 PM
Jeroen Bergen

Sorry about the weather question! The time you are going is the rainy season. Last time I was there in the rainy season it rained everyday at 5 p.m. for about an hour and a half. A 4x4 vehicle is highly recommended.