Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Managed apartments in Buenos Aires? (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/managed-apartments-in-buenos-aires-650484/)

KathyM Oct 2nd, 2006 02:37 PM

Managed apartments in Buenos Aires?

We are flying from the US to meet my son & his wife who are flying in from Australia. We haven't seen them in nearly 2 years, so understandably we want to spend a good deal of time together. Having visited Australia, we know that there are large number of furnished "managed apartments" available there for short -term rental. Any thing like this available in Buenos Aires for one week?

avrooster Oct 2nd, 2006 03:13 PM

The answer is yes and there are many threads on the subject, both here and in other travel forums.

cmcfong Oct 2nd, 2006 03:15 PM

Kathy, I topped a couple of threads on apartments in BsAs for you. Have a wonderful time. I am sure you are looking forward to seeing your son and daughter in law.

KathyM Oct 2nd, 2006 03:45 PM

Thank you both for the information, and thank you cmcfong for topping the threads. It gives me something to go on to do more investigating!

KathyM Oct 22nd, 2006 11:28 AM

Using the information in the threads provided, I've found and booked what appears to be a very nice apartment in Recoleta. I'll report back on my experience! I've been doing a good bit of reading on Buenos Aires, both on Fodors and elsewhere and I just can't wait to get there! avrooster, is your tour still available?

avrooster Oct 22nd, 2006 03:16 PM

Yes, KathyM.
I suggest you click on my screen name and scroll down until you find my "The REAL Buenos Aires" thread, read it ALL (it's quite long) and if, after such an experience, you are still interested, write to me to the e-mail address indicated there.
Anyway, you'll have a great time in our town!!

groro Oct 29th, 2006 08:45 PM

Go to www.bytargentina.com. We rented an apartment on their site (very inexpensive)and were very happy with it. What you see on the website is exactly what you get. They have a lot of apartments in all areas of Buenos Aires.

woodie Nov 1st, 2006 06:40 AM

Hello KathM:

My wife and I spent 4 weeks in a furnished apartment in Recoleta last Feb/Mar.

We rented from ApartmentsBA and had very little problem. Nothing is perfect. Our problem was with the telephone answering service but that was minor and got corrected eventually.

Otherwise, the apartment was well equipped for the most part. Portable telephone which we never used. Air conditioning, TV, stereo radio, DVD player. Fully equipped kitchen. Close to decent grocery shopping and bakeries. Lots of good restaurants near by. Close to the Recoleta cemetary [popular tourist site] but we never went.

Secured building with a door man and a store front internet shop next door.

We paid half in advance to a US bank account and the balance on arrival. Our cash deposit was promptly refunded after final inspection. No problems there.

ApartmentsBA had a good web site with description and rates for their units.

Bs. AS. was a great place to visit. We had a wonderful time there.

Hope you do too.

Woodie

KathyM Nov 4th, 2006 01:53 PM

Thanks to you all. I did reserve an apartment through www.byargentina.com and hope it is all that it appears to be! Will report back. Yes, avrooster, I did read through your thread on the Real Buenos Aires and will be in touch!

jpie Nov 11th, 2009 03:23 PM

Hi Woodie-I am starting to investigate apartments as well for this following summer. ApartmentsBA is one of the ones on my list-do you remember which apt you were in last year and would you recommend it?

thanks

Jeanne

kodi Nov 11th, 2009 03:51 PM

Kathy, I used byargentina last year, and was very happy with them. Our apartment was exactly as it appeared on the internet. We had a great time in Buenos Aires.

Have a great time.

crellston Nov 11th, 2009 11:29 PM

We booked with Bytagentina last year and whilst we found them to be efficient, the promised swimming pool on the roof was not available during our stay. If this sort of thing is important to you then check beforehand that ALL the specified facilities are available.

Scarlett Nov 12th, 2009 11:57 AM

This is a 3 year old thread... Kathy came and left :)

jpie Nov 12th, 2009 01:45 PM

Oh yeah-sorry about that. I just noticed the date.