Man. Antonio vs. Guanacaste/Paradisus Playa Conchal

Mar 25th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Original Poster

Man. Antonio vs. Guanacaste/Paradisus Playa Conchal

Hi,
I've decided to take a last minute trip to Costa Rica in mid April, so I need to make a decision on where to go today... I've read the post on Paradisus Playa Conchal/Northern Pacific region and love it, but I'm also torn between Manuel Antonio and the Central Pacific Region... Unfortunately, I don't know the major differences between the two areas... Any suggestions? It sounds like the Central Region has more to do and more wildlife and reserves... is that true? With only a few days (4 nights), which would you choose?
Mar 25th, 2004, 02:47 PM

Paradisus Playa Conchal has been booked up through March since early December. I was there for the evening last week and talked to the front desk manager. He told me they are now booked almost through June. It hasn't always been that way. When they changed the name from Melia to Paradisus, the business picked up considerable. Better reconsider. . .
Mar 25th, 2004, 02:51 PM
Original Poster

sorry meant to say that i was able to get a room in Paradisus for my travel dates. were you suggesting that i not go because it would be very crowded?
Mar 25th, 2004, 03:03 PM

No. I meant to say that I didn't think you would be able to get a room on short notice (you mentioned that it was a last minute trip) because they said they were booked up through June! Oh well. . .guess it always pays to check! Enjoy!
Mar 25th, 2004, 06:31 PM

Personally I really dislike those all inclusives. I always think, if I am going to spend all that time and money to go to another country, why not stay in a place that will give me more of a feel for the country? I think you would be much better off in Manuel Antonio. The hotels are smaller with more options to get out and have dinner in other places and there are a lot more things to see and do there. I do like the Guanacaste area but for just a quick trip like yours I think you would get more bang for the buck/time in Manuel Antonio.
The difference you would see between the two are the trees and other greenery. The Guanacaste area is more dry forest and actually has cactus growing there. The trees are a bit smaller and the forests less lush. Manuel Antonio is much greener and lusher.
Mar 26th, 2004, 10:20 AM

Agree with Suzie2 100%.