Notices

Macal River Camp and/or Chan Chich

Jun 5th, 2006, 01:01 PM
Original Poster

Macal River Camp and/or Chan Chich

My husband and I are planning a trip to Belize and I am looking for a bit of feedback. I am considering staying 3 nights at Macal River Camp and then 2 nights at Chan Chich.

Am I duplicating experience staying at both? Would you recommend picking one over the other. I initially considered staying at Macal for 4 days and not going to Chan Chich.

We will head to Ambergris for 5 days following. (Blue Tang perhaps)

Thanks for the feedback.
Jun 5th, 2006, 02:35 PM

I have read about Chan Chich but never stayed there, but from what I've read it's pretty high-end for Belize and MUCH more expensive than Macal River Jungle Camp.

We stayed at MRJC in 2003 and loved it - great host (Dolcio), great food, sweet tent/cabins, good access to hiking, canoing, etc., and a great jungly feel. It's an easy taxi/shuttle into San Ignacio for a visit or tour access, whereas Chan Chich is so removed you wouldn't really have access to those things. Not sure if that's a help...

Have a great trip, whatever you decide!
Jun 5th, 2006, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Hopefulist! We definitely plan to stay at MRJC. Chan Chich would be our "splurge" if we decide to go. I was reading my "1000 places to see before you die" and they suggest Chan Chich.

Any others out there have an opinion?

Search this Thread