Reload this Page >

luxury family vacation????? IN Mexico??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4th, 2000, 06:22 PM
monique

Looking for an upscale holiday - great accommodations, luxury service levels, NOT all inclusive and with a terrific kids program; that comparable to a cruise ship....does such a dream exist....anywhere in the carribbean or mexico?

Old Sep 5th, 2000, 08:58 AM
mexicodan

I like the Costa Azul Adventure Resort north of Puerto Vallarta. Its a small 28 unit facility with a great kid program, can be all inclusive or not, great active outdoor programs (kayak, hike, bike, snorkel, wildlife observation, etc.). Check it out at: www.outlandadventures.natureavenue.com. If you want to do your own thing, no itinerary. do your own meals, and experience "REAL MEXICO" check out the Villa Montana Adventure Outpost at: www.choice1.com/villamontana.htm <BR> <BR>Adios! <BR> <BR>[email protected]

Old Sep 6th, 2000, 04:05 AM
Pancho

May I ask what "REAL MEXICO" is supposed to be? Us Mexicans would sure like to know what that is and where. I always thought that the whole country is MEXICO from the US border to Guatamala and the Pacific to the Gulf.

Old Sep 7th, 2000, 07:58 AM
anon

Hola, Pancho, <BR>I suspect the "REAL MEXICO" was what I found when I visited the country last Spring - I was not interested in Cancun and the other transplated American resorts/culture that have sprung up in response to the drive to attract the NorteAmericano tourist who wants an all-inclusive transplanted American vacation with "free" Margaratias and buffet meals but on Mexican soil.

Old Sep 8th, 2000, 05:16 AM
Pancho

I am not a fan of Cancun and I certainly share your sentiments regarding "all inclusive" resorts. However Cancun represents the ultimate in the tourist industry in Mexico which is a real part of Mexico. It is just another aspect of Mexico with a heavy foreign influence. <BR> <BR>It is sort of Like me saying that Las Vegas is not American because it does not represent the US. However Las Vegas is certainly part of the US and in fact I love Las Vegas. It just may not be what one would portray as middle America.

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 06:31 PM
Paul

The Ritz Carlton in Cancun is the best hotel there and if you wish to spend the money you can have a great room on the beach. There are some activities for children.

Old Sep 25th, 2000, 02:04 PM
Kat

The Four Seasons opened a new resort north of Puerto Vallarta last year. They have a terrific kids program. It's the Four Seasons at Punta Mita.

Old Sep 28th, 2000, 10:39 AM
SharonM

Hmmmm... <BR>I think you may need to set some priorities, Monique... Most of your luxury resorts WITH extensive kids programs are going to be located in tourist spots like Cancun and Cozumel, which were basically built strictly for U.S. tourists. Sure, they're in Mexico, but most everyone will be from Hometown USA except for the employees. If you are honestly looking for something luxurious in "colonial" Mexico or more remote areas there are plenty of wonderful accommodations, but I wouldn't guess them to have kids programs. Why not take the kids to a non-touristy area, stay in a luxury hotel and show the kids around the cultural sights yourself or with a local guide? I spent two years in Mexico City when I was around 10-12 years old and believe me, there was plenty to see and do, both for kids and adults! Why stick them with the same kind of things they'd do at home? <BR>A really neat websight for Very nice accommodations from Haciendas to Historic hotels to Beach resorts is www.differentworld.com <BR>Good luck! <BR>

Old Oct 13th, 2000, 07:04 AM
topping

topping