Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Loved Costa Rica - any other suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2000, 11:45 AM
Clare Flynn

I spent 10 days last spring in Costa Rica and had a wonderful time. The natural beauty, the friendly people, the excellence of the service and the variety of activities were all amazing. This year, I am looking for something just as good, but I'd like to learn to dive while I'm at it. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I'm looking to go in May or June. Thanks!

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 02:03 AM
colleen

BELIZE IF YOU WANT A GREAT VISIBILITY WHEN DIVING. MARINE LIFE IS AN EXCEPTIONAL. JUNGLE, MAYAN RUINS,WILDLIFE, GREAT PEOPLE, AND MORE. READ ABOUT IT. WE WENT THERE THREE TIMES BUT WILL SKIP NEXT YEAR TO GO TO COSTA RICA. THERE IS A GOOD WEBSITE FOR BELIZE WWW.BELIZENET.COM

Old Apr 10th, 2000, 05:40 PM
mike donovan

I have one word for you....AUSTRALIA! My wife and I spend our honeymoon there and I must say it was the best 2 weeks of my life! We started in Sidney and drove north up the east coast. We saw the oldest rain forest in the world, I went on my first dive (saw a shark too!). The people were the nicest I have ever met. Australia is the same size as the US but has the population of NY city (17 million). Australia provides an amazing adventure and she will make you forget about your life at home! I would trade all my vacations for the next 5 years to spend 2 more weeks down under! email me if I can help you develop a plan.

Old Apr 12th, 2000, 08:20 PM
Jennifer

BELIZE is my vote too. I have been there twice. I went to several different locations in Belize in each trip. Try Du Ploy's (I think I spelt it right). This is the name of a lodge that provides three meals a day and offers trips to the jungle, to the mayan ruins in Belize (Caracol and others) and in Guatemala (I went to Tikal for the day with a guide from DuPloy's). I also spent a couple of days on the Cayes. I took a resort course in Scuba diving on one of the Cayes. I loved it. The people are very friendly, English is spoken by everyone and you can do lots of different activities in one trip by selecting different parts of the country. You really have to look into going to Belize if you liked Costa Rica. Good traveling.

Old Apr 14th, 2000, 05:31 AM
David

Belize. Wonderful, uncrowded country. Most locals speak English, and are very nice to tourists. Maya ruins, great diving, wonderful tropical islands, rain forests. Then take a day trip (really longer if possible) over to Guatemala to see Tikal.