Los Cabos Hotels: Help us choose

We're thinking about a Los Cabos trip in November
and just can't seem to get a good idea
what hotels are the best. No kids. We would be
grateful for help from others who have been there
before. Thanks.

Jun 29th, 1997, 12:36 PM
Brenda

We just decided to go to cabo for a week in July and I have been "surfing for hotel on line.

Using Yahoo! or a search engine of your choice, put in either Mexico or Cabo San Lucas and away you go. You can either define your search for hotels, condos or villas.

I've also found many sites where private parties are advertising their own rentals.

November is high season and prices will be high and get tougher to get.

There are still a few bargains left in Cabo. These are not 5 star resorts, but I've been there and they
are quite nice, for the price. You can try he Hotel Mar de Cortez. Older hotel, decent rooms, great price!!. Also there is a small family owned hotel , but it has no pool, but each room is a suite with a full kitchen. The name is Siesta Suites. They can be found through the Cabo Links.

Another resource is to try international condo rentals.

This time around we are staying at Marina Sol Condos. They are close to town and very reasonable. I'd be happy to let you know how it was. Just e-mail me and let me know.

Good luck.

Jul 4th, 1997, 05:33 PM
karen zinck

We were to Cabo in May and loved it. We stayed at Villa del Palmar. While they were constructing another wing the heavy construction work was done and it didn't interfere with our vacation. Ask for a room away from the pool and you will have a view up the beach away from everything where there is nothing but sand. You can walk from here to lots of beach bars/hotel restaurants or a $4.00US cab to town to oodles of restaurants and bars. We felt safe here and loved it. Enjoy your trip. Other hotels along the beach strip, all looked great.

Jul 21st, 1997, 03:36 PM
Gabi Richard

We were in Cabo last October and stayed at the Plaza Las Glorias. It's not the most luxurious property but we found the location to be totally worth it. You step outside the hotel doors and have everything right there - shops, restaurants, markets, etc. Many of the hotels in town are a taxicab ride and end up costing time and money to get anywhere. The Plaza Las Glorias is right on the Marina and has a regular shuttle to its private beach. Have a great time. Cabo is great (just remember to turn a blind eye to all those time-share salespeople!)

Jul 30th, 1997, 07:05 PM
Marge & Mike

Hello - We spent a wonderful week at The Pueblo Bonito. It was a wonderful experience.They even sent us a free video so that we might review the property before booking the reservation. Our suite had a separate bedroon and small kitchen near the living room. It is true that the time share people are thick as fleas!! We did go to a free (very short) presentation on the first morning of our trip. It was worth it. They gave us $100.00 in free food for listening and a free breakfast was served during the presentation. My husband played golf and went sportfishing. I took advantage of the spa and beauty salon. Have a great trip.