Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Looking for website for Costa Careyes / Tamarindo Resorts?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 09:05 AM
darelynn

Message: I am looking for websites for Costa Careyes and El Tamarindo Resorts in Manzanillo. Any help would be very much appreicated.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Peggy

Look at Differentworld.com though I think only Tamarindo is on there. After Rosewood bought them, they are not yet represented well on their website. We went to Costa Careyes, guess they are changing the name to El Careyes, on a LuxuryLink package Oct 2000 & loved it!<BR>Going to Tamarindo this coming October. If I find another website for Careyes, I'll post it. Any questions, let me know.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Peggy

http://www.manzanilloresorts.com/Careyes.htm<BR>Try this too.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 05:38 PM
darelynn

Thanks for the help,Peggy.

Old Mar 14th, 2002, 07:18 PM
dan

Try www.careyes.com.mx, www.differentworld.com<BR>www.mexicomexico.info

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 11:18 AM
eyebug

Both properties are now managed by/part of the Starwood Luxury Collection Group and can be found at the following link:<BR><BR>http://www.starwood.com/luxury/search/hotel_sa_list.html<BR><BR>Sorry for the late post, but I was at El Careyes when you posted and just got back. It was exceptional. <BR><BR>Also visited the Tamarindo, toured the facilities and had lunch there. Tamarindo would be appealing for a short visit, say a couple of nights. My personal preference is still El Careyes, but then, I'm not a golfer.

Old Mar 21st, 2002, 02:39 PM
Peggy

True, but unfortunately the Starwood website does not have the pictures the other websites do. Most of the properties are pretty sparingly represented. For both properties you pretty much have to be content with who you are with, without distractions. That is what we are usually looking for. Careyes fit, & I'm sure Tamarindo will also, reminds me of the South Pacific without having to go as far! Then a few nights at Grand Bay to check it out also.