Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Looking for a nice Beach Hotel in Costa Rica (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/looking-for-a-nice-beach-hotel-in-costa-rica-483548/)

amyramos Oct 31st, 2004 04:36 PM

Looking for a nice Beach Hotel in Costa Rica

Hi everyone- I'm going to CR at the end of March '05 and want to include some time to relax "at the beach" for a couple of days. We originally thought Tamarindo would be great but looks like most of the 4-5 star hotels are already booked. So, I'm looking for suggestions, perhaps even alternate areas outside of Tamarindo, where my husband and I can find a nice sunny pool,access to a beach and a relaxing atmosphere. Hopefully there will be some place nice to have dinner as well.
Thanks for the input in advance!

karenf Oct 31st, 2004 04:44 PM

Hi Amy , We liked Jardin del Eden in Tamarindo. It is a short walk to the beach and has a lovely pool area. I liked the food at the restaurant.

costaklaus Oct 31st, 2004 09:49 PM

Hello, there are a lot of accommodations in Tamarindo. I a agree to karenf, Jardin del Eden is great. Another good one is Captitán Suizo. Check out the locations on the Tamarindo map.
Saludo
costaklaus - www.costarica-web.com

Ally Nov 1st, 2004 05:25 AM

Besides the two mentioned, Jardin and Capitan Suizo, Sueno Del Mar is exceptional. Very cozy and romantic. A very small, quiet pool, but only steps to the ocean. For real luxury, check out Flor Blanco in Mal Pais.

sabby Nov 1st, 2004 09:13 AM

Hi,
An alternate area out of Tamarindo can be Samara,very quite,nice beach,we stayed at villas kalimba,we were delighted to find such an excellent place to stay.
They maked our trip to Costa Rica truly remarkable.

CaliNurse Nov 1st, 2004 01:04 PM

If you want an "All-Inclusive" with a beach (said to be one of the best in CR) and restaurants, go to the Leading Hotels of the World web site; I think it is LHW.com. Check prices for Paradisus Playa Conchal. There is also an 800# with very helpful reservations folks. Surprisingly reasonable prices, considering how much is included. LHW had availablility when other sites showed "no rooms."

oneicebox Nov 1st, 2004 02:43 PM

El diria is nice, right on the beach. The ambient is quiet good, and has rooms facing the beach.

trevorjoyce Nov 2nd, 2004 11:11 AM

I second Samara; we also stayed at Villas Kalimba and had a great time. They are 2 bedroom, 2 bath villas across from a quiet, pretty beach. The grocery store is next to them and town is walking distance. Best of all, the folks who run it (Roberto & Mara) can't do enough for you! Joyce

amyramos Nov 21st, 2004 04:09 PM

Thanks for all the info.

shillmac Nov 21st, 2004 05:57 PM

We've enjoyed Paradisus Playa Conchal, Hotel Pasatiempo in Tamarindo (although it isn't 4-5 star, it is a fun place), and we also like Flamingo Beach Resort about 30 minutes north of Tamarindo. Flamingo has a very nice long beach. Probably my favorite beach in the entire country. Paradisus Playa Conchal is 20 minutes north of Tamarindo--also a nice beach.