Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page > Looking for a language school in Mexico that also has programs for children

Looking for a language school in Mexico that also has programs for children

Dec 10th, 2003, 02:24 PM
Original Poster

Looking for a language school in Mexico that also has programs for children

Hi,
My daughter (who is seven) and I would like to attend a Spanish language school in Mexico. Any suggestions? Thank You!
Gem
Dec 10th, 2003, 04:05 PM

check out Spanish Language Institute of Cuernava.
www.langlink.com

I attended it last Summer and there were quite a few young people there. I don't know if there were any there quite that young(7) but there may have been a few.
great school, great staff
Dec 12th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, nonstop, for your reply. I think that we may try to add a language school onto our trip to Costa Rica in February, instead.
Best Regards,
Gem
Jan 14th, 2004, 08:01 AM

We had such a great experience last summer at Chac-Mool language school in Cuernavaca that we are planning to return this summer! Our kids were 10 and 15 and both had programs geared to their age group and loved it. I believe that Chac-mool is the only language school in Cuernavaca with all year programs developed especially for kids.
Feb 2nd, 2004, 06:38 PM

wendy lynn,

I am seriously considering going to chac-mool institute this summer. Any tips or comments.
May 31st, 2004, 06:46 PM

annamarie, I am sorry that I did not see your question sooner! As I mentioned we were so pleased with our experience at Chac-Mool that we are returning again in July. I gave my kids the choice of 2 or 3 weeks and they both chose 3! If you have any specific questions I would be glad to answer them. My only general tip is to arrive with an open mind, patience, and realistic expectations. We did not expect to leave fluent after 2 weeks. My very beginner husband had a goal of 100 words, which he surpassed quickly. My kids are excited about Spanish and anxious to learn more. I unearthed, in the hidden recesses of my mind, vocabulary and verb tenses that I hadn't used in decades. Enjoy and let the Spanish soak in. Maybe we will see you there!
Jun 1st, 2004, 04:32 AM

Gem,
As a geographic alternative, there are several highly regarded language schools in San Miguel de Allende - check internetsanmiguel.com or portalsanmiguel.com
Also, Antigua, Guatemala has some in a lovely spot as well.
M

Search this Thread