Search

Long term tourist

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2022, 01:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Long term tourist

I need to find a country in Central America, possibly panama, where I can stay long term with the least amount of hassle and trips to immigration. I don't want to bother with all the paperwork and other junk I have to do for residency, so tourist visa. Where I can: go across the border and come back and renew forever if I need to. Is this possible in any of the C.A. countries? Thanks for any helpful information. I'm retired and don't have that much longer on this planet so I am guessing this only needs to be good for 10 years or less.
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 03:31 PM

I think most countries are cracking down on this sort of abuse, reducing their visas from 180 to 90 days or less, sometimes asking for proof of a return ticket.
Old Jun 11th, 2022, 02:28 PM

You can still stay in Panama without a tourist visa for 180 days (they will stamp your passport). Not sure if you can then visit Costa Rica for a few days and then return for another 180 days.
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 06:09 AM

As you know you'll have to figure out health insurance as you can't use Medicare outside of the country.