Reload this Page >

Lodging for 5 in PDC or Akumal

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 06:57 PM
Joann

Our family of 5 (3 kids 11,15 and 17) is planning on spending Easter 2000 in the Yucatan. I think I've narrowed it down to Playa Del Carmen or Akumal and would love suggestions for lodging that will accomodate 5 in either a single room/suite or a condo. We are pretty active traveler's, seldom in the room, so we are more concerned with cleanliness and convenient location rather than fancy digs. Thanks

Old Dec 30th, 2000, 08:00 AM
Vicki

Joann, <BR>We are 4 going to PDC in February.(2 adults and 2 teenagers). I checked on line and found a great deal on a new condo located just outside of town. It is 2 bedrooms and kitchen etc. It will cost us only $100 a night (tax included). Since it is new, I am taking a chance but it was the best deal that I could find and I did alot of research. I will let you know how it was after we come back or you can e-mail me by March 1st. Its supposed to be right off the beach!

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 08:18 AM
Vicki

Joanne, <BR>Forgot to mention the name of the hotel/condo is Villa Amanecer

Old Dec 31st, 2000, 08:41 AM
Joann

Vicki, <BR>Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. Since we are going Holy Week I don't think we can wait until March to book but I'd still love to hear any tips you have once you get back. <BR>

Old Jan 1st, 2001, 03:44 PM
Nancy

We stayed at the Hacienda de la Tortuga in Akumal last year and couldn't have been more pleased. Our 2 bedroom condo was right by pool, beach just beyond that and good restaurants close by awa on premises. Excellent snorkeling in area. Interesting sights close by. Akumal has a web site with lots of info.

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 04:12 PM
dmotl

The kids and you will have a great time in either place although Akumal is much more small town.Akumal also has the best beach and snorkeling and will not offer as many chances for the kids to strech the rules. Our favorite for location is Las Casitas Akumal. Two Bed two bath condos for around $200 <BR>1-800-5akumal

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 04:15 PM
dmotl

oops- forgot to say that shopping and cheap food is in PDC. Still if i had kids that age I would go to Akumal because they can just run with no worries.

Old Jan 15th, 2001, 09:05 AM
Roberto

Hello. We own a condo in PDC which is also for rent, you can get information and pictures at www.playadelcarmenvacation.com let me know if I can help. <BR> <BR>Thank you <BR>Roberto