Lima -Astrid y Gaston/La Rosa Nautica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are visiting Peru for the first time later this year, a number of forites have recommended Astrid y Gaston. Is it essential to have reservations?

We only have two nights in Lima, the first night we will be tired from an overnight international flight. The second night in Lima will be on our last day in in Peru. (We are flying from Julica to Lima on our last day and the flight arrives arounf 6 pm in Lima.

If we cannot go for dinner, we were thinking of going for lunch on our first day In Lima.

Another restaurant we are interested in is La Rosa Nautica. I have read mixed reviews for this restaurant. If any fodorites have been recently, could they please comment on La Rosa Nautica.

We are staying at the Miraflores Park Hotel, how far is Astid y Gaston and La Rosa Nautica from our hotel? Is it safe to walk or take a cab to the hotel?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 16th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Original Poster

ttt, again
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 03:56 AM

My visit to Rosa Nautica was several years ago and that is why I didn't respond earlier. I liked it very much. We went for a leisurely brunch on Sunday (no reservations) and had a wonderful meal sampling many of the apps. I did not go to Astrid y Gaston, but, like you, have seen many strong recommendations.
Enjoy your trip. It is a fascinating country.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 10:04 AM

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
We made reservations for a Saturday night at Astrid y Gaston. We had an early dinner and probably didnt need them.

We walked from Hotel Antigua Miraflores--not sure where that is in relation to your hotel. It was a 15-20 min walk. We had the restaurant call a cab for our return. We waited a long time for the cab to arrive...passing on others while we waited. Then we totally got ripped off by the cab driver with his charges for the ride.
Old Mar 21st, 2008, 06:39 PM

I went to La Rosa Nautica for dinner a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The setting is spectacular. It is in a bit of an isolated spot on the coast; we took a cab.