Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Let's All of Us going on Vacation this year pack an extra Suitcase!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8th, 1999, 02:24 PM
C.Clark

A lot of countries in Central America were hit with weather problems this year and alot of the people lost their homes and families. We in Canada and the United States have alot to be thankful for. Wouldn't it be nice if we all packed an extra suitcase filled with clothes that are kids have out grown or we have out grown and take it with us and leave them there? My husband and I are going to and I hope that alot of you will too. We can all do something to help.

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 12:20 PM
Noah

What a beautiful idea!

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 02:21 PM
jan

This is a neat idea. But does anyone have any suggestions for how to get the clothes to an agency that could actually distribute them?

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 05:16 PM
C.Clark

I'm sure that any church would be more than happy to take them. <BR>

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 06:02 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>Try the International Red Cross, that's what I normally do.

Old Nov 12th, 1999, 06:35 AM
lola

We're going to Ecuador, which also could use the clothing, and will do just that. Thank you for an terrific idea!

Old Dec 11th, 2000, 08:33 PM
Tracy

I have family in Paraguay that distributes clothing to families in need. We always bring extra suitcases with clothing, especially for children. When in Paraguay, you can make donations at the church Descipulos de Cristo (Desciples of Christ) or Mision de Amistad (Friendship Mission). You can even make it "Attention: The Carters." (My in-laws) This is a good group of people - the clothing will be distributed to benefit people in need of all religions: urban and rural.