late Jan or late Feb for Mexico City?

Sep 9th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Original Poster

late Jan or late Feb for Mexico City?

'Have a choice of going to Mexico City either jan 22 or feb 22 for a few days (then off to some colonial cities where I've been before - in early Nov).
Which would be a better date for Mexico City? Which (probably) would have less smog?
Thanks in advance.
Sep 9th, 2008, 07:12 PM

Not sure you would see a big difference in smog - it can be pretty nasty almost anytime. I've been there in all months (in laws live there) and every once in a while there will be a remarkably clear day (like after a big rain) but it's rare to have many of them in a row. To be fair, there has been some improvement from the worst of times, but it still can be pretty polluted. If you have any kind of chronic respiratory condition be sure to bring your medications.
Sep 10th, 2008, 05:18 AM

We've been to Mexico City a few times, usually just a night or 2 in a row, once for a few days. On 1 trip, we were there 3 separate times over 2 weeks. First 2 times were relatively good - last time was relatively bad. My trips have usually been in February or early March.
Sep 10th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Not much difference as there is not much rain at that time of year.
Nov 12th, 2008, 10:56 PM

I've got a choice of a few days in early Jan to visit mexico.
I fly out of mexico city to my final destination.
Should i hit one of the resorts like cancun or cabo or should i stay in mexico city, and check it out.
which is the best value? and the safest, most enjoyable experience for a western european
Nov 13th, 2008, 06:20 AM

seamus1276, trying t compare Mexico City with a resort destination is like comparing apples and oranges. If you like a beach vacation, by all means go to cabo or cancun and enjoy the lovely beaches for your time. If you want to visit a huge bustling city, with world-class museums, restaurants, historical buildings, archeological sites, etc., then Mexico City is for you. They would be two very different experiences.
Nov 13th, 2008, 04:33 PM

seamus1276 - are we related? ;-)