Last-minute questions

Mar 10th, 2003, 04:29 AM
Original Poster

Last-minute questions

I leave in three days, and suddenly have lots of questions!

1 - Is it possible to take binoculars and camera along on SkyTrek, to use during the walking portion?

2 - Any scooters available for rental in Fortuna or Quepos?

3 - For anyone who's take the jeep-boat-jeep transfer from Monteverde to Arenal: Does the luggage get wet? Would it help to put it in large plastic bags?

4 - It looks like we'll be having some rain while in Manuel Antonio. Any rainy-day ideas for the area?
Mar 10th, 2003, 04:44 AM

1. yes, I have done that.
2. I just partially answered that elsewhere.
3. I did the horseback trip between the two places and it was raining. They took care of it. You could pack some trash bags (regular or the tougher trash compactor bags) and double check when you get there. I always bring trash bags and ziploc bags and end up using them for something. You could stick the most important stuff in the bags just for good measure.
4.Bring along a rain hat, cheap poncho, and dry pair of shoes and just go out for a hike. If you think you will melt just bring a good book. Chances are, it won't rain all day. Always a good idea to have some light weight rain gear while in Monteverde/Santa Elena. It can be bone dry in the town of Santa Elena but wet in the reserves.
Have fun!
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:02 PM

In response to No. 3, we did the jeep-boat-jeep transfer from Arenal to Monteverde last June. Although the boat is covered, your luggage will get wet if it rains. Because we were traveling during the rainy season, I waterproofed my bag and took plastic garbage bags. The contents of my bag were fine - nice and dry. Since you're traveling in March, you may not have to worry. It's a wonderful way to get between these 2 destinations. You will have some incredible views toward Arenal going over the mountain. Since we were traveling in the opposite direction, I was constantly turning around in my seat to gape at the gorgeous scenery behind us.

In response to No. 4, we sat on our covered balcony with crackers, cheese, and a nice Clilean Chardonnay that we picked up in the Quepos grocery store and watched the lightening show. During our stay in the Manuel Antonio area it rained every day, but the rain didn't start until late afternoon/early evening. It really didn't keep us from doing anything.
Have a great trip!
Mar 12th, 2003, 05:24 AM
Original Poster

Thanks to you both for all the help. I'm off, and expect to have a great time!

Search this Thread