Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

las casitas akumal, las villlas akumal, villas flamingo

Old Mar 10th, 2002, 11:56 PM
chris

I will be going to Cancun for one week. Decided to stay in Akumal area for a few days. I have two small children. I am looking into three places, Las Casitas Akumal, Las Villas Akumal, and Villas Flamingo. Anybody has been to any of these and have any opinion good or bad?

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Marilyn

Don't stay at the villa called Las Hamacas in South Akumal!<BR>M

Old Jun 15th, 2002, 09:34 AM
JimM

Why not?

Old Jun 16th, 2002, 05:28 PM
xxx

Las Casitas Akumal. Try to get condos in the middle section.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 05:21 AM
Nancy

Hi Chris,<BR>Almost all of the villas/condos are very similar in design and interior. Most are open and airy with tile floors and balconies or patios. I think pretty much anything you choose, you will be happy with - especially for the price. You will love Akumal (particularly after/before the nuthouse that is Cancun!)<BR>I would only make a couple of suggestions to you on selection...<BR>Las Villas Akumal is not really within walking distance of town. Villas Flamingo is closer to town and restaurants. Try to get an upstairs condo - the views are great. Try to get a condo on Half Moon Bay - the water is calmer for the kiddies. Try to find a place that has "palapas" - little palm leaf shade umbrellas - on the beach, with beach chairs. We liked Villas on the Reef and Vista del Mar's new condo's - close by the pool next to La Buena Vida restaurant. <BR>You'll have a great time!!!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 06:34 AM
xxx

I have small children, and the water at Akumal Bay is calmer, especially in front of Las Casitas. Half Moon Bay can become much rougher.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 08:18 AM
Karen

I stayed at Las Casitas with my 12 year old at the time.(5 yrs. ago) It was wonderful.We were in #8 but #7 was excellent also. These were in the middle as someone else mentioned. I would highly recommend the casitas and that particular area. The snorkling just by walking out was fabulous.