Reload this Page >

LaCasa Que Canta or Villa del Sol?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 03:58 PM
Dolores

Which would you recommend? Or would you recommend a hotel in Ixtapa?

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 09:38 AM
lisa

Dolores, unfortunately I don't have an answer for you. I just wanted to write and ask you if you get any answers would you please e-mail me. I've posted the same question on about 10 message boards.....LOL. Can't decide which either. If you get any info. I would so much appreciate the input

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 01:41 PM
Ashley

I stayed at Villa del Sol three or four years ago and it was wonderful. Mosquito netting on the beds, fresh flowers sometimes placed in the room, hammock on front porch of room, breakfast left outside your room every morning, great beach area with lounge chairs/palapas, lunch on the beach set up by your chair and served on tables with white tablecloths, great chef and restaurant. When it rained one evening, several of the guests gathered in the thatched roof outdoor bar to have drinks and play dominoes and cards. Ixtapa is an easy cab ride away to go sightsee, go for dinner or out to a nightclub. I highly recommend it! I would love to return sometime.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 02:36 PM
Susan

I didn't stay at either hotel, but if I had the budget, I'd go for Casa que Canta. It looks fabulous. Villa del Sol just didn't have the same appeal for me, although I've heard good things about it. <BR> <BR>Dolores, I definitely would not recommend staying in Ixtapa. Zihuatanejo is really charming, Ixtapa is not. It's just a collection of resorts, not really a town at all.

Old Mar 19th, 2001, 05:47 PM
Peggy

I loved staying at VDS & toured CQC. One way to decide, do you want to be on the beach or hike down to it. That cinched it for me. Both are wonderful so you can't go wrong. CQC much more subdued atmosphere, VDS is private but more activity around.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 09:31 AM
Dee

I'd recommend hotel in Zihua over Ixtapa. Stayed at the Westin in Ixtapa on Honeymoon b/c La Casa Que Canta was booked. Had a great time (well, it was our honeymoon...) and enjoyed the hotel. Nice beach, pools and restaurant. The hotel was a bit large for our tastes. <BR> <BR>Went back last Sept and stayed at La Casa Que Canta. I just can't say enough about this beautiful hotel. It was just amazing. The only "downside" (if you can call it that) is that there isn't a beach on the property. But we didn't miss it with the two great pools and lush landscaping. Plus, you can walk down to the beach, or catch a cab. Restaurant is amazing--great service and food. The infinity pool worth the stay alone. <BR> <BR>If you can't survive without immediate access to the beach, go to Villa de la Sol. If you want a little more intimacy, to to Casa que Canta. Either way, opt for dinner at the hotel you do not choose. They both have wonderful restaurants. Plus you can decide if you want to go back and stay at the other hotel... Good luck! You'll have a great time either way!

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Hans

We spent a week at the VDS over New Year's and had a wonderful time. The resort is fantastic--the room was very large, the beach was great, the pools (especially the salt water infinity pool on the beach) were amazing and the food and service was excellent. Although I have not stayed at LaCasa Que Canta, I have heard excellent thigns about it and I think you would find a more private atmosphere there as it is smaller. It kind of depends on what you are looking for but if you are looking for a full service small resort right on the beach with several dining and bar options, tennis courts and a spa, I think you would be hard pressed to beat what VDS does. I would strongly suggest staying in Zihautenjo over Ixtapa unless you enjoy a beach (albeit very nice) with a bunch of huge hotels on it. In the end though, I do not think you could go wrong with either choice in Zhaut. Have a great trip!

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 10:12 AM
Kat

This is a perennial topic -- La Casa Que Canta or Villa Del Sol. I've stayed several times at both. <BR> <BR>Casa is much more expensive than Villa so that's one way to make the decision. <BR> As others have noted Villa is directly on the beach but, since the beach is a major tourist and local thoroughfare, that may not be attractive to some. In any case Casa is a two-minute walk to Playa La Ropa (the same beach that fronts Villa) although the return trip is a steep climb that takes longer. <BR> <BR>Children at welcome at Villa during low season (but not high season) whereas Casa discourages kids year round. Casa is very much a couples environment and the surrounds there reflect its sophisticated, elegant approach. <BR> <BR>The choice rests largely on how much one wants to spend and one's taste and preferences. <BR> <BR>The service is much better at Villa and the food is much better at Casa.