How to book Cano Negro Tour?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're close to going in April, staying at Arenal Paraiso for first three nights. I've read plenty about the tour and would like to book it. Does anyone know if it's just one company that offers to Cano Negro Tour? I've seen posts from other Fodorites that reference booking through "Adventure Tours" adn they say this one was the best. Is this the same as booking it through Arenal.net? I'd like to book the Adventure Tours trip but need help finding it!
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 04:55 AM

We reserved our Cano Negro tour through Arenal.net, it was the best organized tour we have ever been on.
Old Mar 19th, 2005, 05:19 AM

We stayed at the Arenal Paraiso January last year. We arranged our Cano Negro tour at the hotel desk. The tour and guide were excellent.
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:21 AM

Mary s
How long was the Cano NEgro tour? Was it very hot? Shorts or long pants? What about insects?

thanks--taking a group of kids and would like to know what to tell them about this tour
Old May 6th, 2005, 12:00 PM

Do they have all day walking Caño Negro tours?
Old May 6th, 2005, 01:11 PM

I love the Cano Negro tour done by Sunset Tours (www.sunsettourcr.com). They have a booking office in the center of La Fortuna, but your hotel desk should be able to make the reservation too. The tour picks you up about 7:30 and brings you back at 4:00. (It's a 90-minute drive to and from the refuge, which is near the Nicaraguan border.) It does get pretty hot. If you wear shorts, make sure you lather up with insect repellant.
Old May 8th, 2005, 08:00 AM

We did Cano Negro tour with Sunset tours, too. Very good guide, pointed out to so much wildlife, birds, lizards, sloth etc. The only dissapointment was the fact that the trip was not to Cano Negro as the water level was low in April, our entire trip was on Rio Frio.
Major dissapointment was the time spent on slow boat cruise was only about two hours, the rest was speeding to get to the lunch and back