Reload this Page >

LA JOLLA DE MISMALOYA RESORT IN PUERTO VALLARTA

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 07:27 AM
DEBBIE

Hi,<BR><BR>Has anyone been to the above resort. I heard it was no. Just no beach, I'm not a beach person so that is okay.<BR><BR>Would appreciate any feedback.<BR><BR>thanks

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 04:22 PM
Lisa

I have been to Puerto Vallarta twice and I have seen Mismaloya twice.The 1st time I was there was in '97 & the beach area was very nice.Now last year the beach area has gone down severly.There are actually shacks on the beach serving snacks that you would not want to eat.The hotel has actually put a fence up on the beach to keep the locals away from the guest.I am a travel agent & will not sell this property any more.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 04:20 AM
reenie

In regards to the above post. Yes, the beach has been cut back, but the comment regarding shacks on the beach is untrue. I've been going to Vallarta for 10 years, and spend quite a bit of time at Mismaloya. The palapas on the beach are up and running as usual, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the food. They serve full course meals, drinks, etc. As far as the hotel, I have spoken with several guests who have had poor service from the staff, and this past January, the hotel was only at 50% capacity. The hotel has always restricted access to the hotel from both the street and beach area, so it is no different that way than in the past. If you don't stay at La Jolla, be sure to at least go for half a day or so. If you'd like more info, post and I'll reply.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 05:03 AM
Earl

Make two trips to PV each year. Headed down on the 26th. Was there the end of August.<BR>I have heard that there has been some erosion of the beach, caused by some Jan storms. Still that should not be a problem. As far as the "shacks" go, they are palapa restaurants, many of them serve very good seafood. Eaten there many times with no problem. Part of the charm of Mexico. Service at many of the hotels is up and down during the slow season. Many places were hit hard by 9/11, and lots of tourists stayed home. <BR>Mismaloya is a very nice place and most people that I have talked to enjoy it there. Eme if I can be of any help.<BR>

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 05:03 AM
loangalsal

My parents went to this hotel to have lunch and check out the hotel for future trips. After lunch they wandered down to the beach and went for a beach walk. Well, they went a little too far and the hotel "guards" would not let them re-enter the hotel property. They even had their receipt from lunch but they refused to let them back in. They had to walk a long ways down to find another way back to the road to catch a cab. Huge bummer. So they don't warn you at the hotel not to go off hotel grounds when you go to the beach. Not too cool. Turned them off the hotel completely.

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 06:00 AM
lisa

Debbie, If you would like I can send you pictures of the shacks I have pictures of the hotel, beach and shacks. They may be referred to as palapas, but the "public" bathrooms at these "palapas" have no doors, no toilet seats and if you are lucky have a sheet covering the door so you can have some privacy. I thought you should know the truth, I love PV it is my favorite place to go and we are actually planning another trip this May. Let me know if you would like some pictures I would be happy to email them to you. I just dont want you to be disappointed if you decide to stay here.