JW Marriot or Fiesta American Grand Coral:

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2003, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do these two hotels compare to each other. Which has the better pool area? Nicer Beach? Facitities? Rooms? How are the restaurants? Haven't been to Mexico in many years and considering going in April or June? Is the Fiesta owned by a Mexician Company?
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 01:17 PM

I never stayed at the JW but from what I hear it's great!!!! I did stay at the Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach and just loved it. I don't know if it's owned by a Mexican Company but I can tell you it was wonderful in evry way.
Restaurants, Beach Area, the Workers and the rooms and service were all top notch.
Old Nov 5th, 2003, 07:19 PM

I stayed at the JW last November and it was beautiful. The spa is heaven and the rooms gorgeous! I did eat in the restaurant one night and it was awesome. Service was great in all areas. My friend had the "best massage of her life" and I loved eating on my lounge chair on the beach. The pool loungers are very comfy....
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 09:58 AM

It is my understanding the Fiesta Americana company is Mexico or Spain owned. While the Marriot is beautiful and all of those things, it is a Marriott so you know what you are in store for a little more. The Fiesta is in a different location, walking distance to many many things and will give you an upscale, yet more "Mexican" experience in my opinion.
Both wonderful, both beautiful, I think you would be happy at either, two great choices, have fun !
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 10:13 AM

It also depends if you want to be right in the middle of Cancun's bar/restaurant section with easy access to all the partying (The Fiesta Americana), or if you'd rather be a little removed, in a more scenic area of the island (The JW), with a quick and easy bus trip to restaurants and downtown. The views at the JW are much better...
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 06:04 PM

I just returned from Cancun Saturday and stayed at the JW Marriott. I couldn't have wished for a better trip. I've got great pics of the pool and beach area, as well as the hotel rooms. Send me an e-mail if you are interested.
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 05:36 AM

I am looking to visit Cancun with a 6 year old and a 2 year old. How would you compare the JW vs. Fiesta Americana as far as "child friendly" I want something that is not too stuffy for the kids but yet still upscale enough for me. What are your thoughts.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:46 AM

try trip advisor.com and read the reviews maybe some of the people went w/children to both places.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 10:03 AM

Fiesta Americana its partly owned by mexicans businessmen. Havent stayed at the JW, but the Grand Coral its a wonderful hotel. I belive its more for families, couples, honeymooners, not so much for the american spring braker type.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 05:52 PM

We've stayed at the JW. Indeed it is a beautiful, upscale hotel on a grand stretch of beach, but it is not kid friendly. I haven't stayed at the other so I have no comparison.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 06:03 PM

Both the Fiesta Americana Coral Beach and JW Marriot are Mexican Owned and operated, the Marriot name is just a franchise. The Fiesta location is far better than the Marriot, beach is more private and with no waves (upper peninsula area beaches have calm waters). Pools are similar, Fiestas is Longer and Marriots wider.
Fiesta rooms are all Jr. Suites and are bigger than Marriots

If you want to party go with the Marriot.

If you are willing for a luxury vacation stay at the Fiesta.

Good Luck